• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

dls160

Reaction score
Ok everyone I kinda see your point on the plum/purple colored sport coat I just am looking for something more interesting. I must say though I am definitely looking forward to seeing the fabric below in the upcoming Benjamin sport coat collection. Lets see if everyone agrees with me on this sport coat suggestion, I love the Riviera Grey Herringbone 2/3 roll button sport coat with the pickstitching on the lapels and patch pockets but it doesnt come in Long sizes for someone like myself who is 6'1" who wears a 40R/40L. And every other grey herringbone sport coat that I find is nowhere near the same level of quality and cut and that has the pick stitching on the lapels which to me gives it a whole new and great look! So how about finding the same great grey herringbone fabric and making a benjamin sport coat with it in sizes for us tall guys in the tapered (Lucente) cut?

zerostyle

Reaction score
Hey Ben,

Could you give a quick break down of the differences of your suit models? There are 54 pages in this thread and it's getting a bit difficult to navigate.

I have a navy Benjamin Lucente suit in 38s that fits me pretty well. Biggest complaint was the high button stance. (If you recall, I had some difficulty in deciding between the regular and short). At around 28.9", the short model works pretty well, maybe just a touch on the short side. The old regular was listed at 29.5.

Is the granoro model basically the replacement? Any other models I should be looking at?
Looks like the 38r in the granoro is 29.25", so shorter than the old model but longer than my current short. Might be a good option.

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My medium gray granoro suit arrived today and so far so good - the jacket and pants fit well off the bat (aside from the sleeves and trouser cuffs). I'll be getting them adjusted in the next couple of days but so far, I'm impressed with the quality of the suit - very nice material, cut and features!

facet

Reaction score

My medium gray granoro suit arrived today and so far so good - the jacket and pants fit well off the bat (aside from the sleeves and trouser cuffs). I'll be getting them adjusted in the next couple of days but so far, I'm impressed with the quality of the suit - very nice material, cut and features!

That's good to hear. Would you mind posting pics of it? I'm curious to see what the colour looks like in real life in contrast to the website pics.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. Would you mind posting pics of it? I'm curious to see what the colour looks like in real life in contrast to the website pics.

No problem as soon as I get it back. I've been after a mid-grey suit for some time and this fits the bill. If it works out well, I might snag a navy or other blue suit if Ben offers one at some point.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Would love to see the medium grey also.

Debating between that and charcoal. For whatever reason charcoal always feels boring to me, even though most recommend navy + charcoal as the first 2 suits.

I'll post up a picture here of my navy lucente. Curious to hear fit critiques. The only thing I really had trouble with was the collar not properly riding up next to my shirt collar. The tailor took that in (somehow?) and it's a bit better but not perfect. Curious if this is just because it's a bit big on me.

nandreetta

Reaction score
I posted my medium grey Granoro in the fit critique thread, but I'll cross post here for those who are curious. I'm not 100% certain the photos are color accurate, but probably close enough to differentiate between it and the charcoal. Personally, I'm glad I chose it over the charcoal, but I might end up with other colors in the long run. I too have the low collar fit issue, but I haven't spoken with a tailor yet to see what can be done. I'm not very bothered by it, but I didn't fail to notice it either.

Finally, obviously this suit hasn't been altered yet, so the photos don't sell the suit as well as they could. Hopefully they help all the same.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Ben,
Could you give a quick break down of the differences of your suit models? There are 54 pages in this thread and it's getting a bit difficult to navigate.
I have a navy Benjamin Lucente suit in 38s that fits me pretty well. Biggest complaint was the high button stance. (If you recall, I had some difficulty in deciding between the regular and short). At around 28.9", the short model works pretty well, maybe just a touch on the short side. The old regular was listed at 29.5.
Is the granoro model basically the replacement? Any other models I should be looking at?
Looks like the 38r in the granoro is 29.25", so shorter than the old model but longer than my current short. Might be a good option.

Sure.

Maestro was the first model - based off a Canali/Isaia hybrid. Fuller fit than the other two featuring high armholes, higher button stance and slightly shorter jacket. This is basically discontinued.

Lucente is a slimmer model - still with higher button stance and high armholes - slightly longer jacket than Maestro. Slimmer pant too.

Granoro replaced the Lucente - same body but lower button stance and slightly shorter jacket. Same pant.

Suits coming out this May in basic solids will be like Granoro but the pant will be 1.2cm fuller in the waist/seat as it appears they were too slim some.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Would love to see the medium grey also.
Debating between that and charcoal. For whatever reason charcoal always feels boring to me, even though most recommend navy + charcoal as the first 2 suits.
I'll post up a picture here of my navy lucente. Curious to hear fit critiques. The only thing I really had trouble with was the collar not properly riding up next to my shirt collar. The tailor took that in (somehow?) and it's a bit better but not perfect. Curious if this is just because it's a bit big on me.

No, not big on you. Unfortunately roughly 15% of people who try on the Benjamin suits run into the collar issue. We didn't catch that because the 8 or 9 people we had, myself included, who tried on the samples didn't have this issue. It should be corrected for the production moving forward though.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I posted my medium grey Granoro in the fit critique thread, but I'll cross post here for those who are curious. I'm not 100% certain the photos are color accurate, but probably close enough to differentiate between it and the charcoal. Personally, I'm glad I chose it over the charcoal, but I might end up with other colors in the long run. I too have the low collar fit issue, but I haven't spoken with a tailor yet to see what can be done. I'm not very bothered by it, but I didn't fail to notice it either.

Finally, obviously this suit hasn't been altered yet, so the photos don't sell the suit as well as they could. Hopefully they help all the same.

I see the collar issue... darn. Regarding the collar - the tailor can shorten the collar for you which should help fix that issue. Basically imagine pinching the center back of the collar by maybe .5". Are the pants sitting where you normally would wear them? They don't look like they're hanging quite right.

rjsphd

Reaction score

Any interest from you or anyone in BLACK HOPSACK from Loro Piana in a blazer with patch hip pockets? MOP buttons? Fabric is available to us and thinking of cutting some. 2 button or 3 roll 2.5?

Sorry for the late reply. I have a black blazer and never use it. Prefer midnight blue. I prefer a 3 roll 2, but would take a 2 button in the right fabric. Love patch pockets and MOP. I am salivating.

Hope this helps.

zizou

Reaction score

Sure.
Maestro was the first model - based off a Canali/Isaia hybrid. Fuller fit than the other two featuring high armholes, higher button stance and slightly shorter jacket. This is basically discontinued.
Lucente is a slimmer model - still with higher button stance and high armholes - slightly longer jacket than Maestro. Slimmer pant too.
Granoro replaced the Lucente - same body but lower button stance and slightly shorter jacket. Same pant.
Suits coming out this May in basic solids will be like Granoro but the pant will be 1.2cm fuller in the waist/seat as it appears they were too slim some.

great to hear.

i had to get the pants altered quite a bit for the seat.

nandreetta

Reaction score
The suit I posted is a 42R. I'd say the lapels not meeting the points of the collar is more of a problem with the shirt I'm wearing having a smaller point collar. I'm going to try the suit out with a more substantial spread collar to see if it helps. The other collar issue is that the jacket doesn't cover enough of the shirt collar at the back of the neck, but I imagine that's a different fix altogether.

As for the pants, I can't remember for the life of me if those are the pants for that jacket or for the larger suit (44R) I bought at the same time. If they're for the 42, then their poor fit is simply because they're too small for me to even fasten properly and I still need to have them let out. If they're the larger pants, then they're too big and needed to be slimmed in various places. Either way, alterations were needed. I ended up returning the larger suit (currently in transit, by the way) because the shoulders are better in the 42 and my pre-wedding diet is going well enough that I should be okay letting the smaller pants out a bit. Still holding off on alterations until I drop a few more pounds.

Fit aside, I just want to say I love the soft construction and floating canvas of this suit. It's like pajamas compared to a lot of stiffer suits out there. Also, great wool. I'd like to see a lighter grey option some day, but this one should be more versatile. Keep up the good work.

facet

Reaction score

Fit aside, I just want to say I love the soft construction and floating canvas of this suit. It's like pajamas compared to a lot of stiffer suits out there. Also, great wool. I'd like to see a lighter grey option some day, but this one should be more versatile. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for posting pics; and I loved the pajamas comment. The mid grey certainly looks pretty good and should be very versatile; I too would like to see a lighter grey offering at some point, same with blue, actually. For now, I think I may end up waiting for the next round of navy suits to come out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads