• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

esk8mw

Reaction score
I received my medium gray Benjamin suit and just wanted to drop a line to say the suit is excellent. I don't consider myself to be a suit expert but the quality appears to be top notch and for a reasonable price. Though my job is primarily business casual I'll be back for more in the future.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of these Battisti ties are really tempting. :slayer:

From first experience, I can say the Battisti ties re really awesome, and unique (the higher priced ones). I've also found the Benjamin ties to be of excellent quality at a much lower price.

Last edited:

andymcl2000

Reaction score
Hi,

New here so apologize for my ignorance. Was just looking at the Benjamin suits on ehaberdasher...specifically http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16454/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--39L-fdsh-40L/Detail

My question is, do the Benjamin suits come in single sizes? or are they all two sizes? Also, those shoulders seem very narrow (or i've measured my current suit incorrectly!). For reference, I have a 40L BB Fitzgerald suit that fits me excellently, and I had measured the shoulders on that as 18.5, whereas these are listed 17.85.

Thanks!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben,

Is there any update on more Benjamin sportcoats and patterned suits? Also, any idea of when the Benjamin shirts will be on the site? Any swatches of upcoming sportcoats, suits, shirts, etc. would be great!

Still working on getting production time for suits and jackets - at this point I don't want to promise anything until I really have a firm grasp on what is going on and what fabrics - I have so many fabrics set aside from the past two years that are still waiting to be made. Trust me I'm a lot more frustrated about this than you guys are regarding this...

Shirts are in and landing on the site shortly, but unfortunately we only got a partial order shipped to us so lots of just blues and whites and also experimenting with some washed button sport shirts which are really nice.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi,

New here so apologize for my ignorance. Was just looking at the Benjamin suits on ehaberdasher...specifically http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16454/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--39L-fdsh-40L/Detail 

My question is, do the Benjamin suits come in single sizes? or are they all two sizes? Also, those shoulders seem very narrow (or i've measured my current suit incorrectly!). For reference, I have a 40L BB Fitzgerald suit that fits me excellently, and I had measured the shoulders on that as 18.5, whereas these are listed 17.85.

Thanks!

The sizing and style is European - cut with higher armholes and meant to be more fitted to the body. The higher armholes and lightly padded shoulders contribute to a narrower shoulder measurement. Obviously no two bodies are exactly allike, but some customers actually comment that the shoulders are actually too WIDE - everybody's different...

andymcl2000

Reaction score
The sizing and style is European - cut with higher armholes and meant to be more fitted to the body. The higher armholes and lightly padded shoulders contribute to a narrower shoulder measurement. Obviously no two bodies are exactly allike, but some customers actually comment that the shoulders are actually too WIDE - everybody's different...
Thanks Ben! I was looking at some of these but might wait for those new fabrics I just heard about in the post above, cheers!

Edwardz

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

You have any awesome promotions going on?

Thanks!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still working on getting production time for suits and jackets - at this point I don't want to promise anything until I really have a firm grasp on what is going on and what fabrics - I have so many fabrics set aside from the past two years that are still waiting to be made. Trust me I'm a lot more frustrated about this than you guys are regarding this...

Take your time to perfect them. I know unless I'm looking for some adventurous patterns or slimmer fits I'd be looking at buying only Benjamin suits. No point in spending much more given what your suits provided.

wsupjs

Reaction score
Is there any possibility of a peak lapel Benjamin suit?

I currently have a navy Benjamin suit, and absolutely love it.

Thanks!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is there any possibility of a peak lapel Benjamin suit?

I currently have a navy Benjamin suit, and absolutely love it.

Thanks!

Toyed with the idea... just seemingly o much demand... are you in the UK or US?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
BTW between now and Monday only (now through September 8th) all ties on the US and UK sites are 20% off with code "TIES20" at first step of checkout! :slayer:

wsupjs

Reaction score
Toyed with the idea... just seemingly o much demand... are you in the UK or US?

Yeah I figured there was a limited market for one, but assuming it has good proportions (no crazy wide lapels) in a size 38R, 38L, or 39R, I'd be interested. Hell, I'd be interested in just the jacket (like a sample from testing) if it's in the same navy you use on the current line since I have multiple pairs of your pants for my current suit.

I'm located in the US.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah I figured there was a limited market for one, but assuming it has good proportions (no crazy wide lapels) in a size 38R, 38L, or 39R, I'd be interested. Hell, I'd be interested in just the jacket (like a sample from testing) if it's in the same navy you use on the current line since I have multiple pairs of your pants for my current suit.

I'm located in the US.

Will let you know... I actually had a SB peak made for myself in charcoal a few years ago...

Edwardz

Reaction score
Are there any specials or discounts in the Benjamin suits available like what we had a couple years. I have read some good reviews on this thread, but just a bit nervous to purchase

roncfp

Reaction score
Any plans to make more Benjamin ties in 3.5" width? Also it would be very helpful if one could sort ties by size (width). Great site and prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics