1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. thisfits

thisfits Well-Known Member

Something fairly basic, honestly -- navy wool, single-breasted. Maybe with wider lapels than what's widely available at the moment.

2. sladejw

sladejw Active Member

3. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

I've loved them too - I would definitely be a fan of something affordable and obtainable.

4. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

I have 8-10 of them, purchased over the last 3 years. They are awesome value. The silks vary a lot. Some are soft and buttery while others are dry and crisp. I happen to be wearing one today. This is my least favourite of the bunch, because I find it hard to get a good dimple on this one. So, the others look better than this:
    [​IMG]

Some are 3.25" and others are 3.5". I prefer the wider width, because I'm a wider guy at the hip.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

You've specifically purchased 8-10 "Benjamin" ties from eHaberdasher, or you've simply purchased a variety of brands from the site?

6. scatterbrain

8-10 Benjamin. No others from the site, yet. Though I am considering some others.

2 people like this.
  7. mdancel

mdancel Well-Known Member

If that is your least favorite, I think it looks great. Promising. Do you happen to have any that you recently purchased (that have a chance of being on the site still) that you would recommend?

8. Kevin24

Kevin24 Well-Known Member

Aplogies for interjecting on the discussion of Benjamin ties.

However, I was wondering how are the quality of the Benjamin labeled suits sold on E-Haberdasher? I read that they come fully canvassed etc-but I am weary about the fabric used since they stated the suits are made with S.140's Which I read tends to wear out quickly.

Also where are the Benjamin suits made?

9. scatterbrain

The only one that still on the site that I have is the blue equivalent of the following, which I am wearing today. I have both the red and blue.[​IMG]

The silk is very heavy and rich. Not shiny.

10. UserNameToronto

UserNameToronto Well-Known Member

I have 2 fully canvassed suits, and a sport coat.

The suits are staples - I've had a plain navy since 2013 what I wear 1x/week. No issues with durability, though I noted durability might be an issue so I bought two pairs of trousers. So far the fabric is holding up well with no signs of wear. I was initially concerned about the Super 140s fabric (I would prefer a 110s for a staple suit), but after 100 wears it's looking good.

1 person likes this.
  11. scatterbrain

I have been wearing my Benjamin suit - navy super140s - for about 3 years, often twice a week. That's 3 years of extremely hard wear. I often work very long hours(frequently 14+ hours per day) and I tend to wear my jacket while sitting.

The jacket elbows are just now getting some shininess.The fronts of the pant thighs are getting shiney too.

I estimate it has seen around 200 wears. Overall, I think it's great value for money.I wear it a lot because I like it a lot.Even now that it's getting old, I find myself googling ways to remove shininess instead of buying a new suit...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Well-Known Member

So a fairly basic/classic single breasted notch lapel that hits mid-thigh? I was also playing with the idea of double breasted model.

13. eHaberdasher

Which ones in particular? Feel free to link and metion specifics - I'm all ears.

14. eHaberdasher

I don't have the full inventory here in London, but if you'd like to see any particular ones in a knot I don't mind doing so and snapping some shots for you - just send me the links.

15. wigglr

wigglr Well-Known Member

I'm actually partial to the double breasted too:

[​IMG]

With back styling:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also like the slant pockets instead of the box pockets with flaps around the waist/hip. It gives you a place to put your hands.

[​IMG]

Here's some other ones/resources:
    http://davidetaub.blogspot.com/2011/03/military-style-winter-warm-great-coat.html?m=1

http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2014/01/loden-top-coat-from-vergallo.html

1 person likes this.
  16. thisfits

thisfits Well-Known Member

Yes! I love the idea of a double-breasted model, too, but I'd like something that can do double duty for casual outfits, and I think single-breasted does a better job there.

17. eHaberdasher

Yes I would defintely offer a basic classic SB notch coat. Any idea how much BN Tailor charges for their coats? Site doesn't seem to be working properly.

18. sladejw

sladejw Active Member

Single-breasted, knee-length, pockets that are easy to get your hands into (and walk with your hands in). Fabric with some texture; not black.

19. antb29

antb29 Member

Hi,
    I've heard great things about Benjamin Sartorial suits; unfortunately, the size & color I'm looking for aren't available at the moment. Any idea of when more color options for the Classico II model in 36R might be available online? I'm interested in navy especially. I would try the Nobile model that's on the website right now, but the Classico II measurements are already a little bit too small at the shoulders so I'm afraid it will really be too small. I would pretty much swim from the chest below in the size 38.
    Thanks and keep up the great work!

20. eHaberdasher

Sorry the Classico II is discontinued. It appears all we have left is a medium grey in the 36R. The 38R may be worth a try... they are quite slim fitting.