1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

Please tell me that you are getting this one in a 41/42L?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Well-Known Member

I think it's guys like you who make average joe's like myself look bad - I need to hit the gym!

Hopefully we can cut extra trousers for the fancies we plan on cutting this fall. Will keep you posted.

3. eHaberdasher

Sorry looks like someone beat you to it. If it comes back for any particular reason we'll let you know.

4. wsupjs

wsupjs Well-Known Member

Any potential for a midnight blue tuxedo with a black shawl collar?

5. thisfits

thisfits Well-Known Member

Yes and yes!

What would MTO let us specify? Just the fabric?

6. eHaberdasher

Just fabric - not customisation - it would come in our current fit/model "Paolo", although with the 9cm lapel I'll be giving it a different name.

7. eHaberdasher

Thought of doing midnight blue, but haven't come across a good fabric for it. We'll see.

8. dls160

dls160 Well-Known Member

Well sh*t! The navy plaid suit and that one were my favorite. You need to add that fabric to the MTO book. Will definitely order it with a 9 or 9.5cm lapel.

9. eHaberdasher

Don't worry - we plan on offering some great and interesting selections in a few more months!

10. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

One suggestion - on the next round of Bella Spalla, would you consider not having the pre-sewn sleeve buttonhole outlines? Either that or moving the buttonhole stitching up an inch (which might be too high on many people)?

I have short t-rex arms. I need to shorten a size 42r by 2" in the sleeves. I'm not even sure that's possible in the current batch - to get to 24.5" - and I don't trust a tailor to shorten from the shoulder when the neopolitan shoulder is one of the strongest selling points.

Can you confirm how much the sleeves can be shortened?

Also, are you going to do any more purple line jackets?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. scatterbrain

The two Benjamin purple line jackets I have (cashmere blend and pure cashmere) are amazing. They make me want more of this super-comfortable cashmere. They are definitely warm, though. I probably won't be able to wear them again until November.

I'm moving more towards trying to obtain year-round jackets. I have four jackets that are just for winter, and they take up a ton of closet space but are not being worn for 6 months of the year. As tempting as pure cashmere is, I wouldn't buy more unless it's a cashmere blend that can be worn year round.

Speaking of which, could this be worn in 80 degree heat? I'm assuming not, because it's 300 grams and a cashmere blend. But I'm hoping you'll tell me I'm wrong because it's unlined and an open weave, or something like that.

Made to order would be smart. No risk of overstock. Customer knows they can get the size they want. I think your customer base knows your product well enough and trusts you enough to wait 9-10 weeks for a suit/jacket. In fact, it might help you retain customers. There was a time when I wanted to buy a suit and you did not have stock in the right colour. Now that you're restocked, I'm not buying suits for a while because I stocked up elsewhere...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  12. wsupjs

wsupjs Well-Known Member

That's a shame. Hopefully you can find something that works, because I'd love to get one.

13. tm42

tm42 Active Member

After reading so many positive reviews of your product I am about to pull the trigger on your Benjamin Sartorial Suit in a 39/40 but am concerned about the sizing. I am generally a 40 Regular but don't have anything to measure off of to compare to. A samuelsohn 40 reg fits almost spot on, just need a little taken in but that would be a reference. I would order the 40 and 42 and return one but don't want to pay for the shipping if I don't have to.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

14. tm42

tm42 Active Member

After reading so many positive reviews of your product I am about to pull the trigger on your Benjamin Sartorial Suit in a 39/40 but am concerned about the sizing. I am generally a 40 Regular but don't have anything to measure off of to compare to. A samuelsohn 40 reg fits almost spot on, just need a little taken in but that would be a reference. I would order the 40 and 42 and return one but don't want to pay for the shipping if I don't have to.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

15. Riva

Riva Well-Known Member

Ahh yes those are the two I got [​IMG]

16. eHaberdasher

I don't have any comparison with Samuelsohn - perhaps others here on the forum do? That being said the Benjamin Sartorial is an Italian fit which is meant to hug the body more closely then most North American commercial brands, so while most people who wear a 40R should be able to fit into our euro 50R (39/40R) garments, I believe there is a small minority who benefit from sizing up. I'm not sure how helpful that is but again perhaps others can weigh in?

17. eHaberdasher

[​IMG]

We now offer polished horn button sets ehaberdasher.com => Accessories => other

18. eHaberdasher

The pre-sewn faux button holes can be undone fairly easily. I thought this would be easier for customers who wanted to open up the sleeve buttons to make them functional and thought this was a decent solution, and yet still allowing customers who needed to shorten or lengthen the sleeves to still be able to do so. It does not have to be shortened from the shoulder. I could go back to the basted sleeves with no faux button hole stitching at all if you guys prefer - what do you guys think?

Yes I will be doing more purple line jackets - already have a bunch of Zegna fabrics set aside for them - thinking of doing MTO with them actually - just trying to focus on a few things at a time but hopefully later this year I will give it a go.

1 person likes this.
  19. eHaberdasher

The dark Mediterranean blue may be too heavy for 80 degrees - 70 OK but 80 I'd say not.

Regarding MTO, I'm still working out details on how that would work. For the Bella Spalla it'd be pretty straightforward, but for the Purple Line (fully canvassed) it's definitely going to cost quite a bit more than the Benjamin Sartorial OTR, but may be more customizable like online MTM. Still testing it out as I can and working out all the details.

1 person likes this.
  20. scatterbrain

If you are a 40 in Samuelsohn you are likely a 40 in Benjamin. I am consistently a 42 in Samuelsohn right now (suits and coats) and will be ordering a 42 in Benjamin. If you are buying a "napoli" fit jacket, you definitely don't need to size up, as they had more room in the waist off the rack.

Also, unlike many OTR jackets, there's a bit of room to have the waist let out. 40 would likely be better for you in the shoulders/chest/length, so a 40 might be a better fit even if it needs that alteration.

Good to know, thanks. Still would prefer no buttonhole stitching, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Glad to hear you plan to make more Purple Line![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015