• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWI Looking Boots

FulfilledDeer

Reaction score
Hi! My first post here....but I've been lurking for like half a year.
smile.gif

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for boots that look like these two. These are Aldos, so I have no desire to purchase them, but something akin to them would be nice. They kind of seem like vintage military boots, but I have no idea of the actual style name so it's been a tough search. I like the fact that they seem a bit dressy (instead of combat-y) but they're not a dress boot. Thoughts? Thanks!

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting Thread that I'll be following.

but most obviously what about the service boot from dayton?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who does make the best military repos?

How's the quality of the one's you linked?

FulfilledDeer

Reaction score
Those marching boots are sick. I didn't search much, but it seems like there's only that one pic, which is unfortunate. However, I'm a huge fan. Thanks for the link.

The Wolverines are a great pick, but I'm sort of partial to the rounded toe. Well, slightly less flat, especially since I'm thinking dress them up a bit (if I can find something subtle looking).

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Who does make the best military repos?

How's the quality of the one's you linked?

I've ordered from What Price Glory and At The Front and have found both to be good. The footwear is sometimes made in the USA and always goodyear welted. The boots aren't super refined though, this is military grade stuff so they can be rough around the edges -- but at the prices they charge are a great value. Watch out for boots that have hobnails (old school cleats basically) and some have nailed rubber outsoles that can scratch wood floors.

Some favorites from At The Front are:

Service Shoe type II (this one is made in China but they are welted and very thick leather, nice welt job and great quality):
http://www.atthefrontshop.com/Produc...ductCode=USFSS

Roughout service shoe:
http://www.atthefrontshop.com/Produc...ductCode=USFRO

At The Front mostly does WWII stuff. What Price Glory also has WWI.

I also recently picked up these dress oxford officer shoes and love them. Great quality and a steal at just 95 bucks:
http://onlinemilitaria.com/shopexd.asp?id=1917&bc=no

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After doing a bit of searching through forums it appears ww2 impressions are the most regarded producers of military boots. Anyone have any experience with sizing? Really considering buying the Boondockers or service boot

Here are some pics .. Sorry for the sizing

DSCF4541.JPG

boondocker.JPG

FulfilledDeer

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for a company to take more than 1 picture of the shoes they're trying to sell online? Because I think I love the one you suggested Batwing, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas on the half canvas boot or even the style names? Is it just vintage military? Because I know, somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, I've seen designer boots looking like those, but I can't find them anymore.

EDIT:Also, taco, where did you find those boots in the first pic? Do they come in any other leather?

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only problem with WW2 Impressions is stocking. You often have to get on a waiting list for a run of footwear that can take 6 months to arrive.

Deer: http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Rev...ots/index.html

As for the William Lennon boots, their quality is excellent. I do agree though that their web presence is poor, but they're a pretty small operation I think. Each pair is custom made so be prepared to wait. I ordered a pair of boots from them and they took 2 months to make and ship out.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
Only problem with WW2 Impressions is stocking. You often have to get on a waiting list for a run of footwear that can take 6 months to arrive.

Deer: http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Rev...ots/index.html

As for the William Lennon boots, their quality is excellent. I do agree though that their web presence is poor, but they're a pretty small operation I think. Each pair is custom made so be prepared to wait. I ordered a pair of boots from them and they took 2 months to make and ship out.

I can't recommend Lennon highly enough. They are a complete steal for the price - solid boots, with excellent quality leather, much of it Horween, with the quality of, say, White's, at a ridiculously low price. But along with that you have to accept Victorian levels of service - ie, you generally need to phone them, not email them, to chase up orders.

You can also spec your boots with different leathers, toe caps, no Derbying etc, for no extra cost.

My 78PT boots...

Roycrotch.jpg

DocBlue over at SuFU has the WW1, unfortunately his pics don't seem to be available at the moment...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...postcount=2463

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Ah, here we go (evidence of 20 work minutes lost, going thru old posts).

Courtesy of DocBlue at Superfuture. The WW1 boots can, of course, be ordered without nails. Note they are a much sleeker last than the other William Lennon

DocBlue;2646685 said:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads