1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Worst Tie Contest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VMan, May 5, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Here's a contest. Post pics of the worst tie you have in your collection, or come across at a thrift store. Pictures from the internet don't count - you have to have the tie in your physical possession. Also, only 'real' ties please - no joke ties (extra large clown tie, etc.)

My recent find:

[​IMG]

ROAR!!

[​IMG]

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

That actually looked pretty nice... and then I scrolled down. That bear scared the shit of me!

3. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

Someone, somewhere and at some time loved that tie so much that they actually spent money they had to earn to own it. That saddens me so much.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I definitely have some of those non-real ties - a few that you can push a button on and they sing Christmas carols, for instance.

I definitely have many 80s ties that are truly horrid.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Oh man... I will be showing off my bad tie collection shortly... I'm too lazy right now to take the pictures.

6. designprofessor

designprofessor Well-Known Member

I'm confused, the man eating bear rendered on a background of soft pastel colors. Maybe this is the "spring" version.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Reminds me of those heinous animal tee-shirts that have stayed oddly popular with certain tourist crowds: [​IMG]

8. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I'm sure you guys wouldn't like my cotton knit ties, but I do! EDIT: Snapped a pic. Can I be entered in the contest? [​IMG]

9. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Well-Known Member

10. pkincy

pkincy Well-Known Member

Alex,

To win, we must see a picture with you wearing the tie. However if you do that I am quite certain you will win.

Even over that horrible First Air Cavalry regimental tie that was pictured several weeks ago.

Perry

11. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

hahaha, is that a newspaper?

12. weeks

weeks Well-Known Member

Though not in the league of the tie posted by Alex, I sold both of these extremely ugly ties on ebay. I guess the atractiveness of a tie is a really subjective thing. Someone thought both of these were attractive enough to buy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Zubberah

Zubberah Well-Known Member

I've seen worse than all of those - just check out some of the Kitons on eBay!!! [​IMG]

14. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

15. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

I'm sure you guys wouldn't like my cotton knit ties, but I do!

EDIT: Snapped a pic. Can I be entered in the contest?

[​IMG]

Are those ties or really narrow socks? [​IMG]
    Sorry, could not resist it.

16. Stuttjukken

Stuttjukken Well-Known Member

Kabbaz tie is not the worst I´ve seen, but one of the funniest ties. What paper is this?

17. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of my 'youth' (OK, late teens) when I was beginning to pay attention to clothing beyond flannel shirts & jeans. I was looking at my father's (fairly) impressive, albeit conservative, tie collection - lots of BB, Roots, Georgetown U. Shop, w/ a smattering of Hermes, PS, etc. I noticed a couple of real 'dogs' and asked him how they made their way into his closet, and more importantly, why were they still there? His answer taught me a lesson in love, acceptance and humility that remains with me to this day:

"Those are all of the ties that you kids have given me over the years - I could never bear to part with them". [​IMG]

18. JohnMS

JohnMS Well-Known Member

As I recall, it seems Mr. Kabbaz's tie is a father's day gift he received from a previous year. Great gift.

19. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I don't have any ties to contribute to this photo album. I used to own a Christmas tie with a black background and Santa in his sleigh, but I "sacrificed" it to use for shoe polishing.

Alex, no fair using "ties" your art students have made!