1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

world cup

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by matadorpoeta, May 15, 2006.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

Damn I hate Brazil. Still this one is headed to yet another 0-0 shoutout. Yawn.

2. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Henry.

!luc

3. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

They fear us.

I'm going to eat my nuts if we don't win this game.

!luc

[​IMG]

4. Luc-Emmanuel

5. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

this ref is sucking it.

at least france is holding on.

b

6. Luc-Emmanuel

Et un... et deux ... et TROIS ZERO!!

7. rdawson808

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Brazil goes out in the quarters. I love it! They played crap all tournament and now they pay for it.

Zidane and Ribery were great. That turn by Ribery down on Brazil's end line that almost resulted in a goal was just brilliant.

Congrats Luc-Emmanuel.

Germany vs Italy
    France vs Portugal

Predictions?

I think Germany for sure. And I suspect France over Portugal, but I'm not sure.

bob

8. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

All hell is breaking loose in Freedom. I am holing up with a bottle of Laphroaig and the RJ cat guarding the door.

9. countdemoney

countdemoney Well-Known Member

Zidane!

Zidane!

Zidane!

10. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

All hell is breaking loose in Freedom. I am holing up with a bottle of Laphroaig and the RJ cat guarding the door.

[​IMG]

11. Luc-Emmanuel

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think Germany for sure. And I suspect France over Portugal, but I'm not sure.

Portugal will be tired, and so will germany. Italy had the easy way against ukraine and australia, so I would bet italy vs france. I would have preferred a game vs england. Portugal could prove to be a tough opponent indeed and I'm not quite sure we can beat them.

!luc

12. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

I haven't been this excited about a soccer win in a long, long time. Amazing. Brazil really played like crap, as France was totally out of control. Zidane seemed to be the only one to have his head on straight, however that isn't a coment on France's win. They deserved this and I couldn't be any happier.

And I honestly think France can take Portugal, considering England was missing half of its starting lineup and the game was very close.

13. Luc-Emmanuel

The brazilians played in white tonight.

!luc

14. montecristo#4

Zidane played a great game. Knocking Brazil out is almost enough to make me like France!

Germany goes through. France goes through as well unless Portugal wins on PKs. Germany beats France in the finals.

BTW, what kind of a dumbass sport runs a semifinal on a Tuesday?

15. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Watching the England match, I can't believe they called a red card on Rooney. He had no balance, no footing. Didn't look intentional to me, at all.

And the Portuguese players are a terribly bunch of whining bullies. I'm pulilng for Italy now, but I think it's going to be France v Germany. Germany wins.

16. rdawson808

Oh, that was definitely intentional. You can see it in his face. He purposefully stomps back on him. Maybe he didn't mean to crush his balls like that, but he meant to step on him.

The ref should have called the Portugese for dragging him down.

bob

17. montecristo#4

Oh, that was definitely intentional. You can see it in his face. He purposefully stomps back on him. Maybe he didn't mean to crush his balls like that, but he meant to step on him.

The ref should have called the Portugese for dragging him down.

I think this is fairly accurate. Rooney is an idiot.

That being said, I've got to find me some hot Brazilian chicks to console tonight.

18. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Thought Portugal v England was great to watch. 0-0, but very free flowing game, lots of shots, lots of chances. Really enjoyed it.

England will never get a better shot at being semifinalists, but just squandered it....comes to penalties, Portugal MISS twice - like miss miss, shoot off target from close range - TWICE - that basically never happens - and still England dont convert.

19. chrysalid

chrysalid Well-Known Member

the portugese are nasty fuckign cheats, though england were just crap, aside from hargreaves of course, he was absolutlely amazing, and ashley cole decent as well.

christiano is gonna cop next season if he stays at man u, from the fans and from rooney.

20. manicturncoat

manicturncoat Well-Known Member

Brazil was pathetic. It seemed to me that players like Ronaldihno had to play at all costs when he produced nothing useful in five matches. He may be the king of the shaolin soccer style but he is a midget compared to players like Zidane and to think that this spring people were seriously asking the question of whether or not he was greater than Maradona, but more importantly, FORZA ITALIA.