1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Workout Routine for A Tall Lanky Guy

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Branches, Aug 5, 2010.

1. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Starting strength, 1g protein/lb of bodyweight, sleep, progress. There's no magic routine for tall lanky guys. Don't worry about getting big, worry about getting strong.

2. LucasCLarson

LucasCLarson Well-Known Member

Also someone mentioned hiring a PT--lol, never this. PTs in commercial gyms are a joke in the lifting community.

/yes

3. inq89

inq89 Well-Known Member

I'm tall and lanky too.

All the good pieces of advice have already been said.

Starting Strength
    Eat enough protein and calories, eat clean
    Drink water and sleep
    No personal trainers needed.

It's actually easy. I've made noob gains from 155 to 180lbs in less than 6 months and I am 6'1" with probably a 10-11% bf

4. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

There are no specific workouts but just know that you will be at a bio-mechanical disadvantage when it comes to exercises like squats and benching if you are long limbed.

But doesn't he at least have a biomechanical advantage in the deadlift?

5. AFG34

AFG34 Well-Known Member

starting strength is good
    and search 'gomad'

also check out stronglifts forum

6. Toronto34

Toronto34 Well-Known Member

Eat Dude.

And im not talking a clean diet, you eat every single peice of food that catches your eye.

Whether its a steak, ice cream, fries, or the neighbourhood cat... You eat it.

Only way to put on muscle, especially if your genetically skinny. Eat now and worry about trimming the excess later.

And enjoy it, bulking is the good stuff... Cutting is the challenge.

7. gvibes

gvibes Well-Known Member

eat squat pray

8. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Eat Dude.

And im not talking a clean diet, you eat every single peice of food that catches your eye.

Whether its a steak, ice cream, fries, or the neighbourhood cat... You eat it.

Only way to put on muscle, especially if your genetically skinny. Eat now and worry about trimming the excess later.

And enjoy it, bulking is the good stuff... Cutting is the challenge.

Ignore this fool. There's clean bulking (you still gain fat), bulking (you gain more fat), and eating like an idiot (you gain a lot of fat for no reason). You are advocating the last choice.

Double cheeseburger? Sure, its got some protein. Ice cream? Skip it. Half of the working out battle is getting into good habits, don't be another one of those "rarrghgh eat everything" clowns.

9. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Well-Known Member

There are no specific workouts but just know that you will be at a bio-mechanical disadvantage when it comes to exercises like squats and benching if you are long limbed.

Ain't that the truth... I am but 6'2" but my 37" arms on top of it all don't help.

10. why

why Well-Known Member

But doesn't he at least have a biomechanical advantage in the deadlift?

No, it's even worse there (longer range of motion, greater hip angle).

11. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice guys

I have a question: Is it bad for me to make my protein shakes with 1% milk?

My brother uses water but I find the taste to be nearly unbearable that way.

12. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not, go with the milk for sure. And don't listen to the guy advocating dirty bulking, it's a waste of your time and efforts. Eat clean all the time for best results