1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Working buttonholes on RTW suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about buying RTW suits with buttonholes on them already, so I voted no.

Some Jil Sander suits come with extra buttons and no sleeve buttonholes or buttons. I assume this is to enforce the artisinal feel of her suits.

2. sashae

sashae Well-Known Member

My new Kiton sportjacket came with unfinished sleeves, so I'm considering doing working buttonholes. Has anyone used Dynasty Tailors on 38th in NYC for working buttonholes, and if not, do we have a consensus on who would be the best to do it?

For obvious reasons, I'd rather not screw it up.

-s

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

I'd take it to a Kiton tailor, either at the store or at BG.

koji

4. johnw86

johnw86 Well-Known Member

With all due respect, sleeve buttons also serve no function other than appearance, so I'm not sure that working buttonholes are any less practical.

5. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

What is their pricing on alterations? A pants hem, for instance? I have been using Bhambis who are very expensive - $30 for taking in waist and $20 for the hem, works out to be quite a lot. Thanks zj

7. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

zj,

I have no experience with them other than that. Even this was arraged by the owner of the store I bought the suit in, so I actually paid him ($40 for 8 working buttonholes).

B