1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Workaday

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Well-Known Member

I spoke with Angelo today and they had not shipped the Fatigue Pants yet. They have been very busy preparing for Pitti Uomo in Milan. He will get them out to me this week. Also, I've had a few inquiries for the Hoodies. I will take some orders for them and try to get for you but they will have to be pre-paid.
    Thanks!

Gary

2. Drinkwaters

These are great and cannot wait to get a pair for myself.

Here's a higher res shot of the details of the Workaday Fatigue Pants in Reversed Sateen (via Explorer):

[​IMG]

I have these from 2 winter's ago and these are certainly a staple in my wardrobe. The version I have though has a small flapped coin pocket within the left front pocket (literally smack dab in the middle), wonder if these have the same detail.

3. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

i can't wait till you get them either.

timpoblete, do you have any pics of you wearing them you wouldn't mind finding us? i know these pants would fit you great, but when i get them i might just have to have them tapered a tad.

4. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

^^^Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While snooping around for pics, found these that I wished I had picked up from FW07:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I wish I picked up the Bedford in this one)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. english

english Active Member

is it possible to get more measurements on the fatigue pants? are they vanity sized or is the waist on the Small a true 32"? leg opening?

6. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

ugh i wish that binocular shirt was my sz. that was a great price.

thanks for the pics! they look great. now all i need is some cordo pennies...

7. constantine.

constantine. Well-Known Member

Gary do you know how the Oxfords fit? kinda snug or drapey or what? thanks.

8. Drinkwaters

If your talking about the 19th Century BD, I own two from different seasons. They both fit differently. 2004 shirt is much slimmer than the most recent. They are trimmer than the Work Shirt but fuller at the bottom because of the design. I wear a Large in their shirts and do with this one also. I'm a 42 regular jacket size if that helps.

Gary do you know how the Oxfords fit? kinda snug or drapey or what? thanks.

9. Drinkwaters

I want this shirt with this stitching color. Where was this from?

[​IMG]

10. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

^^^Gary, that was the EG Denim Workshirt from FW07, IIRC. Here are the rest of the pics I have of it (from Dice&Dice Japan): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Needles made an Engineer's Jacket around that time in the same time using similar stitching and Sunny Sports another Engineer's Jacket in a lighter denim color for SS09.

11. Drinkwaters

12. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

Timpo, Robin or anyone else w/ experience...

I'm looking for measurements on the Tapered Fit 5 pocket cords, specifically for a size 34 & a size 36. Can anyone help me out with this?

13. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Timpo, Robin or anyone else w/ experience...

I'm looking for measurements on the Tapered Fit 5 pocket cords, specifically for a size 34 & a size 36. Can anyone help me out with this?

I have no idea if they're still cut the same, but here are measurements for a size 34 from FW07 that I resold early last year:

Waist: 34"
    Inseam: 32.5"
    Hem: 8"
    Knee: 8.75"
    Thigh: 12"

They fit slim (for EG). I would have kept them if the inseam were longer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JOA

JOA Well-Known Member

^Yeah, I bought that pair from you. They were way to slim for me. I didn't know if they'd changed the fit of them in the seasons that have followed. I'm guessing that I'll have to go for the 36.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Gary - I was going to contact you directly, but in case others had the same question, what is the cost for the Workaday thermal lined hoodies? I think that is at the top of my wish list for this winter.

16. james nicolas

james nicolas Well-Known Member

good question

i just realized that I had never even asked how much it would be
    i've been in contact with him about trying to order one
    he said he'd see if he can get one from Angelo, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet

they sell for $199 at Odin so I'm assuming around the same

17. Drinkwaters

FYI, Angelo advised me that the Olive Fatigue Pants that I ordered would be shipped to me on the 6th, so on the 7th I should have them. Anyone that ordered other items from this collection, they should also be part of this order. If anyone wants something, now is the time to cough because the rest is being sent to Japan. Please do not PM me. Call me at 617-547-2067 or if you must, PM me your phone # and I will call you back. Thanks! Gary

18. Drinkwaters

Hey Guys,

Olive Fatigues are here. I will be calling all of you who requested a pair. Thanks!

Gary

19. Bsides

Bsides Member

not that they dont look like nice pants, but what makes these so special as to be almost $200 chinos? Enlighten me.

20. robin

robin Well-Known Member

not that they dont look like nice pants, but what makes these so special as to be almost $200 chinos? Enlighten me.
    Uniqueness, fabric, and made in USA. Functionally, they're not going to be any better or different than something from J.Crew, Polo, etc.