1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

woolrich woolen mills s/s 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ctrlaltelite, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

anyone have experience with the red bellavista shorts yet?

2. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

What's the sizing like on WWM?

Roughly actual :43" Chest 37" waist - Up to an XL on Shirts & Jackets? 36 or 38 on trousers?

3. gululv

gululv Well-Known Member

slide13: Give me a report when you've touched the jacket in real life, curious about this myself. The gold version sold at end clothing is beautiful too, but a lot more expensive if buying from there.

4. Al_Bury

Al_Bury Active Member

Just seen the WWM Shiprock Parka in ink on the End site - WOW! - pricey there though.

Does anyone know of any confirmed US stockists? Wharf have got the light blue version but I'd prefer the ink colourway.

Thanks.

5. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

Shiprock Parka looks amazing...also looking a USA retailer as it is mega expensive on End...

6. Al_Bury

Al_Bury Active Member

7. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

What's Tasmania cloth? [​IMG]

8. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

slide13: Give me a report when you've touched the jacket in real life, curious about this myself. The gold version sold at end clothing is beautiful too, but a lot more expensive if buying from there.
    Fabric is prett solid. Lighter weight then I expected but still feels plenty durable. Little shiny, and very reminiscent of an old school parka from the 70's I'd say. The weigh makes it quite practical as warmer spring temps roll in. In the end I liked it enough to buy the last medium they had in stock. Love the fit, features and color.

9. ManofKent

What's the sizing like on WWM?

Roughly actual :43" Chest 37" waist - Up to an XL on Shirts & Jackets? 36 or 38 on trousers?

Anyone?

10. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Well-Known Member

Anyone?

I haven't tried on any of this seasons pieces but I wear large in nearly everything EG and WWM. I'd say XL would be your best bet MOK...I think I have noticed in the past that we have a few similar items that you wear one size up from me in them.

11. ManofKent

I haven't tried on any of this seasons pieces but I wear large in nearly everything EG and WWM. I'd say XL would be your best bet MOK...I think I have noticed in the past that we have a few similar items that you wear one size up from me in them.

Thanks - yes I'm an Xl in Engineered Garments so if WWM is pretty much the same sizing I'll go that way.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

they have always been consistent in sizing for me in past seasons. althouth this new season, EG is definitely slimmer/less boxy with shorter arms. hopefully that is consistent through wwm as well

13. slide13

WWM fits a little bigger then EG it seems. I'm a pretty solid large in EG and my WWM Trail Parka is a medium which provides a fairly trim fit but is certainly not tight or super slim. I tried on the large as well which was ok, but definitely a little looser then I wanted. Also tried on the Large EG Engineers jacket (again) while I was there and that was very snug by comparison.

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

^are you referring this season?

but isnt also true that all of the jackets/outerwear fit slightly roomier and especially depending on style? i guess my comparison of sizing being consistent in past seasons was more directed to shirting

15. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

they have always been consistent in sizing for me in past seasons. althouth this new season, EG is definitely slimmer/less boxy with shorter arms. hopefully that is consistent through wwm as well
    this will be interesting to see. personally, i wouldnt mind if wwm went off on a little different direction.

16. slide13

Yeah, I'm comparing this seasons items there. I've often found EG outerwear to be pretty trim, my FW10 Bedford is a Large and it's very trim fitting.

17. Al_Bury

Al_Bury Active Member

Does anyone know how the XL WWM Shiprock will measure up? Is WWM XL generally true to size?

End haven't got the measurements on their site.

If I'm ordering from the US to UK I don't want to be worrying if it'll fit me.

18. whatever123

Does anyone know how the XL WWM Shiprock will measure up? Is WWM XL generally true to size? End haven't got the measurements on their site. If I'm ordering from the US to UK I don't want to be worrying if it'll fit me.
    the xl will be quite large. probably ~ 23-24" pit-to-pit. it will likely measure similar to this. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2027

19. ManofKent

How true to size do their chinos/cargos fit?

Cheers

20. whatever123

How true to size do their chinos/cargos fit? Cheers
    in my experience they run true to tag size or in some cases 1" smaller than their tag size. it depends on the pant. im a true 34 and i usually buy 34 in all wwm and eg pants.