1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 mile boots - what do you use

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bobm, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Toxman

Toxman New Member

I agree with the person that shines boots/shoes. I ran an English Tack Shop and manufactured leather horse related products for over 20 years. I sold thousand dollar saddles. It is quite simple...if you don't take care of your investment then you are wasting your money. I have probably tried two dozen 'Miracle Leather' products over the years and found most of them to be useless. Several products that I used and recommend are the Lexol line as well as the Stubben Hammanol Oil. I particularly like the Lexol nf (neats foot) for my daily or weekly wipe down. It is a nice conditioner that is almost impossible to over use. When first wiped on with a wetted cotton cloth it may darken the leather just slightly but as it dries/soaks in the leather goes back to its original color. For a good conditioning after prolonged use I would clean the boots with either the pH balanced Lexol cleaner or the Lexol nf and then follow that with a light coating of Stubben Hammanol. Stubben has been making some of the finest English saddles for over a 100 years and yes they have a good idea what to put on their leather to make it last longer. A horses sweat is very acidic and salty and is quite hard on leather if you can imagine. That's my five cents worth. By the way I am on this blog as I just recently purchased the Wolverine 1000 mile boot and was curious what others might be suggesting for proper care of the boots. I am quite surprised just how little information is out there for these boots. These boots like any fine leather product should last a life time if properly taken care of. The person calling names and suggesting that you should just wear your boots and forget about taking care of them must be a trust fund hippy with unlimited funds to buy/replace his boots when they start to fall apart. Unfortunately all I got from my parents was good common sense about life and not much money. I would take that over money every day of my life.