1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. wesmamyke

wesmamyke Active Member

I will try to post some pictures. I did contact him, he was very rude from the first moment I suggested there was something wrong with the boots. He even managed to call me an idiot, and pretty much told me to go screw myself. The ebay not as described case is pending, he has a week or so to respond.

Hopefully Wolverine will respond, nothing so far...

2. seer

seer Well-Known Member

are you speaking of juancanjura?

3. Dayman

Dayman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he said thats who he got them from. Its too bad, I had no problems.

4. requiem123

requiem123 Member

Kinda seems strange he would be called an idiot. Wonder if both pairs were purchased at the same time.

Anyone had any experience with Randallboots or 04hdfatboyfund?

5. seer

seer Well-Known Member

FYI - I received my boots from juancanjura this AM - and they are perfect.

6. derrida26

derrida26 Well-Known Member

haha I'm with juancanjura on this one

7. trig

trig Well-Known Member

if ducati1098 is juancanjura, why didn't you just create that as your username here as well. how confusing.

8. derrida26

9. Dayman

Dayman Well-Known Member

To me this sounds like the real deal. He was being vague and never posted pictures when asked. I always had great service and 1st quality boots from you and after i posted about you on here everybody had the same experience. The name comment is a good point if you make it the name of your store, it would be easier to promote your store as well. Keep us updated about your store.

10. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't expect to hear from him anytime soon on this forum. It seems as though he was banned today.

It might have had to do with posting pictures of an upcoming Wolverine special release boot... Of course I won't speak for the forum moderators, but it probably wasn't a strong move on his part to post pictures of a boot that Wolverine has yet to release on their own website.

11. Dayman

Dayman Well-Known Member

Yeah, i was just wondering where all the posts went?

12. Marcus

Marcus Member

I saw the pics he posted and it convinced me to pull the trigger on the boots.

13. Marcus

Marcus Member

Double post

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  14. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

Addisons, 721LTDs, and my Original 1Ks side by side. I wiped down and brushed the Addisons and 721s. My commando brown 1Ks are caked in MO concrete muck and I didn't feel like dealing with them. LOL, need to go walk in a creek with them, that'll get it off. All 3 pairs of boots get treated the same but how the different leathers are aging is very obvious. Hands down the shell is winning the contest but that's to be expected. Nothing has been done to the shell boots since my initial treatment. The Chromexcel pairs have been oiled and snosealed more than a few times already. In any case I'm liking how they're holding up and aging. Still on the fence wondering about these boots? Don't be. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. seer

seer Well-Known Member

Quote: I'm getting a warm feeling in my belly...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  16. mistewacko

mistewacko Well-Known Member

@Crane's - :slayer::slayer::slayer::

17. s392

s392 New Member

Hi, I just got the regular 1k in brown last week, and have been wearing them a few days now. I know next to nothing about 'nice' quality shoes, for what thats worth...

Anyway, the sizing is correct (I tried them on in-store, then ordered online). I didn't notice anything uncomfortable when I tried them on, however with the pair I have it feels like there is a lump or bump the width of the boot in left heel, just at the front-end of the heel (right at the "LE" in MILE on the logo). Is this at all normal - or something that will go away/can be corrected? Or is this a defect in the left boot?

It is too late to send the boots back to the store because I have used them, but I am considering contacting wolverine. But I wanted to check here first in-case other people had this experience or any advice.

18. Crane's

Contact Wolverine directly and talk it over with them. Not only are the boots awesome but so is their customer service.

19. derrida26

is the sizing the same across different models? looking to pick up a pair of addisons. I went a full size down for the 1k, and they fit great, but I'm hesitant to just grab the same size and risk having them too small.

20. Crane's

Yeah.