• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Quote:
edit : Meh just found shipping to Canada, its indeed pretty steep, still makes it an excellent price for 1k boots but since I just bought brown boots ill pass on this one and wait to see the other DOTD

Last edited:

TheSizzle

Reaction score
If it weren't excluded by that size range, I'd be in for sure. That's an incredible deal.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it weren't excluded by that size range, I'd be in for sure. That's an incredible deal.

I'm doing it that way so I can pretty much guarantee delivery.

VirtruviusR

Reaction score
Finally found myself some sno-seal and got some meindl water-based boot cleaning solution - and not a moment too soon, Berlin's first snow of the season today
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Time to treat my malnourished boots to the Crane's Method

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score

Buying them in CA will kill you. LOL! We've been told that even after being fee'd to death we still kill walk in pricing in CA.

Yeah, minus shipping and conversion, it's really great. But I think I'll wait until they go on sale locally; it would come out to almost the same once all those things are considered.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Those who love 1000 Miles you can always watch Sierra Trading Post's site. Earlier this week on Tuesday they had factory seconds in Black/Brown/Tan in all sizes, with their Facebook promotion they were $130 shipped... may not be firsts, but that's still a ridiculous price for 1000 Miles. They had mens and womens, I got my GF a pair and it cost me $139 shipped to Canada.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those who love 1000 Miles you can always watch Sierra Trading Post's site.  Earlier this week on Tuesday they had factory seconds in Black/Brown/Tan in all sizes, with their Facebook promotion they were $130 shipped... may not be firsts, but that's still a ridiculous price for 1000 Miles.   They had mens and womens, I got my GF a pair and it cost me $139 shipped to Canada.  

Good for you, read a few pages back about the horror stories of buying seconds. I don't and won't sell seconds even though I could. Yeah there's some gold to be had but there's some real crap too. Oh and good luck if a warranty issue comes up. You're SOL.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Good for you, read a few pages back about the horror stories of buying seconds. I don't and won't sell seconds even though I could. Yeah there's some gold to be had but there's some real crap too. Oh and good luck if a warranty issue comes up. You're SOL.

I had actually ordered them from the previous time this deal came up. (100% Identical price, and deal, same starting price and 40% coupon down to the same price shipped for factory seconds, my last post was just to say it happened again and was doable) My GF has worn them daily for 5 months without a single issue - as well, a fellow at my work got the black ones from that deal, and again had 0 issues. I as well did read a few reports of issues, but you have to realize they sold hundreds and hundreds of pairs in two days..... just because the noisy ones are the ones with the issues, doesn't mean everyone else had a problem too.

Neognosis

Reaction score
guys, would you characterize the chromexcel as "durable?"

I am seeing some abrasion damage on my wolverines that I'm not seeing on my red wings. The red wings actually don't look like they have seen any abrasion at all, but the chromexcel on my 1K miles suffers a new scuff with every wear.

I'm concerned that I'll wear a hole through the top if I use them as motorcycle boots.

Ketawa

Reaction score
I'd be jumping all over this deal if I didn't already have the 1k miles in rust and black. Purchased from Crane's a year ago.
cheers.gif

Last edited:

michaeljohnr

Reaction score

Saenek

Reaction score
My tan addison 2nds from STP had a spot on each shoe where the leather was discolored, but after some wear and a couple LP treatments I could care less - everything else is fine. They aren't on the same level as the brown cxl rockfords that I just got but I paid about twice as much for 'firsts'. The new cxl feels very different to the predator or whatever leather was used for the tan shoes, much less 'oily' I guess?

nevereast

Reaction score

guys, would you characterize the chromexcel as "durable?"

I am seeing some abrasion damage on my wolverines that I'm not seeing on my red wings. The red wings actually don't look like they have seen any abrasion at all, but the chromexcel on my 1K miles suffers a new scuff with every wear.

I'm concerned that I'll wear a hole through the top  if I use them as motorcycle boots.

I have only one scuff that is permanent. I scuff mine all the time but they always go away. A lot of us would call it patina.

Can't speak to the redwings. I returned mine within a day. Absolutely hated them.

If you're looking for a perfectly shiny finish with no blemishes, maybe not the best leather.

Try the shining tutorials?

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Addison Browns on the way and was wondering if I should be using sno-seal with the Obenauf LP to protect them or only one or the other? I'll be walking on wet sidewalks with some salt and slush but never deep snow. Aside from those two products, what else would I need to protect my boots? Thanks and thanks Crane for the answer on the half-soles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads