• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beeswax is good for the skin. Then again I've been known to wash my hands with Trichlor, gasoline and auto trans fluid.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beeswax is good for the skin. Then again I've been known to wash my hands with Trichlor, gasoline and auto trans fluid.

Only way to get old engine oil off! Nice and carcinogenic tho!
Made the mistake of using dish detergent and salt once; actually thought skinning my hands would've been more comfortable

lifegoesoff

Reaction score

My brown 1000 Mile boots after a year of daily abuse. I honestly can't say one bad thing about them — they fit great from day one, and have only gotten better with wear. I clean and condition them once every week or so with Bick 4, which makes for a nice ritual paired with a glass of bourbon.

If compliments were a form of currency, these boots would make you filthy rich. I can't go anywhere without someone wondering where I got them.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Life proofing your boots. I like that. It's got a nice ring to it but it really does describe the madness behind the method. What I really need to do is get some of these products talked about into the store and stocked. Then I can put together the Crane's Ultimate Life Proof Boot Care Kit. LOL! Hell I could even put together rural and urban variants! ROFLMAO!

michaeljohnr

Reaction score
Life proofing your boots. I like that. It's got a nice ring to it but it really does describe the madness behind the method. What I really need to do is get some of these products talked about into the store and stocked. Then I can put together the Crane's Ultimate Life Proof Boot Care Kit. LOL! Hell I could even put together rural and urban variants! ROFLMAO!

Seriously....those would sell!

A kit with a brush, edge cleaner, some LP or oil.....what have you....

People buy it all anyway when they get their boots (as I am piecing together now) they might as well buy it from you in one place all at once.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously....those would sell!

A kit with a brush, edge cleaner, some LP or oil.....what have you....

People buy it all anyway when they get their boots (as I am piecing together now) they might as well buy it from you in one place all at once.

Exactly. This has come up more than once already and really does make sense.

fathergll

Reaction score
Some pics after treatment. I applied two light coats of Obenauf's Leather Oil over a few days and then applied the Obenauf Heavy Duty LP via the Crane method.

Honestly from what i've seen you need to be very careful with applying both the Leather Oil and LP at least on the tan. You should go very light on the application at first to see how it behaves also to avoid inconsistent darker spots. This is the styleforum after-all and I doubt people are spending this much money on boots strictly for utility so you probably want them looking good from the get go. Another poster warned me about this and I can confirm what he wrote below though I managed to avoid them thanks to him.

I haven't used the LP but I can confirm that SnoSeal darkens the Tans significantly. A bit too much in my case. I went too heavy on the snoseal (with hairdryer to soak in). I definitely wanted to darken them because they were far too light right out of the box but in retrospect I should have gone easier on the snoseal until I acheived the shade desired. My heavy handed method not only darkened them a little more than I would have liked but also made the color inconsistent. Some areas are darker than others, although now, after several months it is starting to even out a little bit.
Bottom line, with either LP or snoseal be PATIENT. You can always go a little darker but it is difficult, if not impossible, to go back lighter.
On the other hand, as Crane's says, eventually they will get darker no matter what you do so most likely all I did was hasten the process.

Anyway i'm very impressed with these boots. I'm grabbing a Black pair as well. Will post pics when they arrive.

Dencio

Reaction score
Just got my boots earlier this week and I just want to know how to fix this.

e6agumyh.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still in great shape after two years...

Granschos

Reaction score
I bought a pair of 1000 mile boots in rust color 6 months ago and I really like them. However I got a scratch to one of the boots and I tried to fix by applying some layers of shoe polish to the scratch. I later realized the color of the polish I applied was to dark. Don't ask me why but I later applied the same polish to the whole front part of the boot ending up with two boots of different colors. Yes, I'm with stupid.

Tried to fix it using leather soap and thus perhaps get rid of some of the dark polish. However I was not that succesful. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!

Dencio

Reaction score
@mixProtocol Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried it yet. I just got the boots and was applying leather oil when I noticed the cloth I was using was scuffing the toe up. Do I need to apply anything on it?

Last edited:

Mr M

Reaction score
Lighting not so good. My cordovan. Tried a little of that cap toe shine. Applied with dampened soft cloth the polish wax and continued until the cloth dry. I will use cotton next time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics