1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the burnished part on the roughout at first but its becoming much less noticeable with some wear. I was dead set on the OSB roughout trenches but couldn't pass up the deal on the Morleys I got.

side note cranes y mario thing is less wierd then juiceman y robit circlejerkel

2. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

With the way boots have been coming out of OSB lately, you probably made the right choice.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  3. anrobit

anrobit Well-Known Member

I own a couple pairs or roughout shoes, so I'm not sure if I would ever want them burnished.

FWIW, Bonobos carries the OSBs in Horween's peanut suede and those went 35% off at one point. Now that was a great deal.

4. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

Yea I'm satisfied, I originally wanted the OSBs for the Dianite sole + the roughout but that was before I realized the Morley's had a rubber sole also which is why I put that picture up. Really pleased with the sole on the 1k Morley

I really don't know why they burnish the toe. Really stupid. Like I said it becomes less noticeable and I haven't even hit them with a stiffer brush yet. But yea if that sale hadn't been on I would have definitely spent the extra 70 and got OSBs

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  5. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

1.5 months, worn them through snow and slush, LP'd and VSC'd out of the box, occasional brushings since.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

The burnishing doesn't bother me. Wherever my jeans are rubbing against the leather the same effect is starting to develop. I like it.

I have no intention of applying anything heavy with wax to these. I'm not a fan of beeswax rough out leather. Since the boots are made of Orion leather, which is a heavily oiled leather, that's what I'll use to condition them when the time comes.

7. revrend

revrend Well-Known Member

I don't know about anrobit, but I'm not into pre-burnishing. However, I DO like the development of burnishing like you're describing here. I'll be interested to see how that develops.

1 person likes this.
  8. nevereast

nevereast Well-Known Member

I don't know :( but I want them

I feel like they are too expensive for me to consider them casual boots, but not dressy enough for me to buy them over something else

I also see some black ones with black soles...some with the redish soles.

Black on red looks great

Want

9. Crane's

It's just starting. I'm going to give them a couple of weeks or so to see how it develops and then I'll most likely take some pics.

10. misterjuiceman

$550 for the Krause boot is highway robbery.

On the dressier side of things, for $525 you could order the Crockett and Jones Northcote from British Sporting Arms (note there's no returns if they don't normally stock the Northcote, which I don't believe they do) or Pediwear in London for slightly more. You'll get nicer construction and much nicer leather.

If you're after more of a work boot, for over $100 less, you could just get a pair of White's, and you'd get an all-around higher quality product:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  11. revrend

revrend Well-Known Member

Cool. Looking forward to it.

12. anrobit

Strange, my roughout boots aren't really experiencing that.

Seconded on that. There's no reason for the Krause to cost so much

13. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Well-Known Member

Shill...

1 person likes this.
  14. misterjuiceman

For whom?

15. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

I may have worded that poorly; I should consult Strunk and White. I didn't mean to say he was. I meant it feels like mr juice is coming at him directly, ala W1K FAQ in signature.

Whites:
    [​IMG]

Aldens (again):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OSB:
    [​IMG]

Chromexcel seems to exhibit this type of creasing far more than other types. Whether it's bad clicking or not, that's up to the individual to decide if it's worth it to try to get a refund/exchange. I'm all for pushing vendors towards improving their quality. My personal belief is that any structural deficiencies attributable to this creasing won't ever be tested during the realistic usable life of the boot for the average consumer. I also don't find the aesthetic off-putting, so I would just live with it. I don't think it's right to automatically condemn this creasing, but if someone is posting pics questioning it, clearly they are already uncomfortable and should seek a refund/exchange.

They are shitting up every boot thread (White's, OSB's, Alden, this one, et al.) with their boot care campaign. The only defense I made of Cranes was stating the fact that he did offer the one dude a refund, so that should be the end of that drama. Likewise, I noted there's a difference between a vendor making a FAQ and someone taking it upon themselves to make a direct counter-FAQ. Some people just have miserable lives, I guess.

3 people like this.
  16. milw50717

milw50717 Well-Known Member

Coco-nuts

17. anrobit

Sorry you feel that way.

I'm not trying to "shit up every boot thread" I barely comment in the Alden thread.

edited because I was a pretentious prick

18. clintfisher

clintfisher Member

[​IMG]

My tan 1ks arrived yesterday. Stoked.

3 people like this.
  19. Crane's

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review Thread....

20. anrobit

I used to own a pair of tan 1ks. One of my favourite pairs of boots, but my tastes moved on.

Does anyone know if Wolverine has recently changed the lettering at the top of their boots? I recall it being pressed inwards, not black.