1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

Here we go again. When you have 5 years of actually documenting what you do and how you manage to keep a pair of the nastiest shit kickers on the planet looking good and functional how is that considered misinformation? Not recommending a product is misinformation? Telling people to use well known proven products like Lexol, Bicks, Obenauf, Filson and sno seal is misinformation? You're also out of your mind if you think I'll ever apologize to some shit stirring assholes that end up getting bit when they decide to pick a fight. If you think me or anyone else is supposed to bow down to you because you said so you have truly lost it.

2. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

Five years of doing things incorrectly does not make an expert. The 1K boot isn't a hiking boot, and despite their "patina", your 1K plain-toed boots do not look good.

Regardless of all that, I don't care what you recommend. My problem with you isn't based on your recommendations, it's because of your blatant unprofessionalism. I'm asking you outright to stop being an asshole to your potential, and actual, customers. That's all I, and everyone who's been challenging you here, wants. Do you not care that you're losing sales because of your attitude? What is your reason for continuing to act this way?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Crane's

Unreal, now I'm doing things incorrectly yet I'm doing exactly what needs to be done for how I use my boots.

4. themonster

themonster Well-Known Member

Crane, why don't you just make your affiliate thread and leave this thread to 1k discussions?

I just don't understand why you continue to argue with EVERYONE because you won't "bow down to anyone."

There is a difference from standing your own ground and spamming this thread with negativity.

1 person likes this.
  5. Crane's

Everyone? Why are you telling me I should leave this thread?

6. milw50717

milw50717 Well-Known Member

Seems more like a witch hunt.

2 people like this.
  7. Crane's

8. xsacredlotus

xsacredlotus New Member

Thanks for your input! Darkening isn't so bad - just so long as it's not blue haha. I did get the boots in brown.
    I ended up getting APC's New Standard Slim Straight and got them hemmed to about 1.5 inches longer as I normally wear them cuffed up. I do pre-soak my jeans, but with cold water, not hot, so there is still a considerable amount of dye that rubs off later.

9. misterjuiceman

You should be fine, then. It's usually more of an issue with roughout and suede boots.

10. milw50717

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. misterjuiceman

If you're talking to me, I use Venetian Shoe Cream or Saphir Renovateur on my CXL and shell. I don't use coconut oil as a leather conditioner, and I don't particularly support its use.

12. Crane's

I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner, saddlesoap, Filson boot oil and Sno Seal on my CXL and shell boots.

13. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

Man wrapping the laces around the back looks so stupid. Almost as stupid as wearing really expensive jeans and rolling the cuffs up. Its like bizarro world sagging

1 person likes this.
  14. Crane's

How interesting, the active conditioner in renovateur is mink oil.

15. misterjuiceman

Well, I can't use coconut oil, because it's going to stain my boots orange.
    [​IMG]

16. Crane's

17. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

What is with your signature, Jesus Christ.

An amazon link to VSC? C'mon...

I found a pic of your car online:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. supernsx

supernsx Member

A quick comparison between the Krause (size 9) and LT721 Shell (size 8.5). Btw, the Krause is on sales in the marketplace. Size is a bit too big for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  19. misterjuiceman

Too many people are selling the little containers of VSC for a much worse value, and I got sick of sending the link to everyone who asks about VSC.

I don't have any bumper stickers; they're tacky. I even take the dealer frames off.

20. milw50717