1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

You didn't say you went over a spot twice inadvertently in what you originally said. Uneven spots are to be expected and there's nothing you're going to do about it. Do you have any idea how I apply oil to any of my leather? I take a rag and soak it with oil and then wipe whatever it is down. After a minute or two I take a clean dry rag and wipe the excess off and I'm done.

Tough mudder? LOL! The shit you walk through in Chicago a few days after a wet snow is far worse than plain old mud.

2. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Well-Known Member

I was toying with putting together a package on amazon with all this and selling it via affiliate links and driving traffic to my post... Physical storefronts are so 2002

3. Crane's

Well considering we've been around since 1899 or there abouts I'll keep that in mind. LOL! We haven't found the receipts yet but we're fairly certain we sold these boots back in 1914 when they first came out. Affiliate links and traffic driving? I might know a thing or two about that as well. Good luck with your venture if you decide to give it a go.

4. Crane's

5. BostonHedonist

"Venture" he calls it. ^.^

6. Crane's

What else would I call it?

7. BostonHedonist

Hobby? Side project? Gravy? Everybody likes gravy.

8. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Here's my Rust pair - bought in March 2010 and worn regularly since then. Sno-sealed every so often and first coat of polish was applied a few days ago (right before pic was taken). No re-sole so far except for having a second topy applied a month or so ago. I love these boots.

[​IMG]

9. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a place I could purchase some Obenauf's or Snoseal in Europe, preferably Germany or, better yet, in store in Berlin [or a place that will ship to Germany from the US and still manage to keep the cost of a tub under $30 usd]? I'm a displaced American and I'd like to hit my 1K's with some really good rain/salt/snow protection before the winter picks up. I've found some places in the UK, but at 18 quid for an 8oz tub + ~20 quid shipping that is a bit rich for my blood.

Or alternatively, is there a good Euro replacement for proper treating/conditioning/waterproofing of CXL? I was thinking maybe Saphir dubbin (since Saphir stuff is pretty ubiquitous at local Berliner Cobblers): http://www.avel.com/products,1,41 [specifically the Dubbin HP, Sport HP or Ouraline?], or would any of my fellow Euro SF'er be able to point me in the right direction?

Vielen dank!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

I've found sno-seal to be pretty readily available in mountaineering and outdoor shops, at least in the UK.
    I use Doc Martens wonder balm

11. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Have you tried Amazon's German site http://www.amazon.de/?

12. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Well-Known Member

Yeah that was my initial go-to, but no cigar - I couldn't find a single Obenauf product. Somewhat ironic given the fact that Obenauf is a very german name.

13. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Give this place a shot. It looks like they carry Sno-Seal.

https://www.globetrotter.de/pflegemittel/ausruestungspflege/

14. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Just ordered my first pair of 1000 Miles from the Haberdash sale. May or may not treat them with LP, I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Eagle County that I used the Crane method on for my winter beater boot. These are going to be more for a fall/ spring type of boot.

Is using Saphir Reno ok on Chromexcel? I was thinking of using that and brushing for my regular maintenance routine. Any suggestions are welcome, currently making my way through the thread so will probably find some answers along the way. I apologize if it has been asked 100 times.

Edit: Haberdash oversold before getting a chance to update the site, they just emailed cancelling my order. They still have the No. 8 in my size but I think I would prefer the Brown. Guess I won't have a pair just yet.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  15. Crane's

All is not lost. Give us a call.

16. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Thanks I will give a call tomorrow, I just tried and realized the store was closed already for the day. Do you guys ship to Canada?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  17. Mr M

Mr M Well-Known Member

Spit shined my boots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Crane's

Yep and just about everywhere else too.

19. mixProtocol

mixProtocol Well-Known Member

The brown on Nordstrom's site looks more accurate to me. The brown on the Wolverine seems to overstate the red/mahogany tones.