• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

indigoknight

Reaction score
I wear a 9.5 in converse also and I just tried on a w1k in a 9 yesterday and it felt ok. A little loose but I think I could make it work with an insole. They didn't have the 8.5 in stock so I'm waiting for those to come in so I can try them on. I just got a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers in 8.5 and they are a little snug on the sides but they will stretch with wear. I'm mentioning that because I've heard that w1k fit almost the same as Iron Rangers so I'll probably end up buying the 8.5. I live in Los Angeles so I will wear them with thin black socks most of the time so they should fit fine after they're broken in.

sorry to mention that 9,5 is abit loose, and 9 is a perfect fit,not to loose nor tight, my actual size is 27,5cm from heel to toe,

so anyone here suggest i must take 8 or 8,5? because there is no retailer store for wolverine i my country and i cant do fitting, so i will buy it online.

dada

Reaction score
Hello !
My first post here... From France
I've read almost all this thread, for a few weeks now, and ordered one pair at Crane's last week. (hope size will be ok !)
But one question (can't find any response) :
Is it really a good idea to put sno-seal or obenauf on it (can find sno-seal in france, obenauf no) ? It will be my main pair of shoes, no hiking or trekking but my work -musician- make me travel, always differents weather, some small rambling...
Does it worth to waterproof them more than they are originally ?

Thank you !

AmericanLion

Reaction score

Does it worth to waterproof them more than they are originally ?

Thank you !

Most in this thread are going to consent that to get the most out of your boots you should oil them and waterproof them as well. You should check amazon for obes oil and leather preserver. That's what I did. However, supply may be different since I am in the states.

dada

Reaction score
ok thank you.
Anyway oil is minimum, I agree.

Last edited:

weshelm

Reaction score
My rust 1k Miles somehow ended up with dull, grayish spots in a couple places. I was just wearing them around town and they were properly treated with Filson Boot Oil and Obenauf's Leather Protector. I might have been too agressive when I brushed them up with a horsehair brush and a little water, but I would have expected them to hold up to that.

Any recommendations to help the problem? I tried cleaning them up with some Lexol cleaner. Should I apply a ton of layers of oil to that area?

This is exactly what I have going on, but much worse, on my black pair. Any idea what is causing some of us to get this kind of wear? The only thing I can think of is that perhaps too much oil softening up the leather plus vigorous water brushing might be causing it. Any thoughts Crane? It doesn't overly bother me on the blacks, but I am thinking about picking up a pair of browns and I don't want to repeat the same mistakes...

rexet

Reaction score
Salut Dada,

I am also from France and I ordered my pair from Crane's too.
You can order some Obenauf LP on the official web site. It is quite expensive regarding the shipping fees but still affordable. That's what I did myself. I also bought some Saphir Greasy Cream for a more weekly treatment.

Enjoy your boots!

dada

Reaction score
yep merci !
But I really wonder if i really need obenauf or other waterproofing...

jthap

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is a re-post from the 744 thread...

The Wolverine 744's are my first pair of shell boots. The fit is perfect, but the boots "sqeak" when I walk in them. Is this normal for this type of boot, and more importantly, will the "squeaking" work its way out?

Thanks.

John

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
Please don't double post/cross post. You can wait like everyone else asking a ridiculous question. There boots are almost 100% leather, I haven't ever heard of them doing this but they all break in differently.

jthap

Reaction score
If you are such a stickler for forum rules and regulations, I expected that you would have reviewed your reply for proper grammar/English before submitting.

This forum has guided me well on several purchases (thanks to "real" senior members), so I thought I would post in both places to maximize the number of views.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you are such a stickler for forum rules and regulations, I expected that you would have reviewed your reply for proper grammar/English before submitting. 

This forum has guided me well on several purchases (thanks to "real" senior members), so I thought I would post in both places to maximize the number of views.

Ignore him, he complains about everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads