1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jrs19

jrs19 Active Member

Mine had that too, and I returned them to Wolverine for a new pair. I've had my new pair for over a year, have worn them on the job every day through some brutal conditions, and the new heels have NOT split.

2. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

It's not an issue. All of my boots had this to some degree and everyone knows what kind of crap I put my boots through. To date nothing has come of it.

3. wdahab

wdahab Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm not sure what exactly in the picture is the defect. Perhaps you're talking about where the welt ends (what looks like a fraying piece of leather? That's standard on all welted shoes, it's just a strip of leather that goes around the bottom of the boot and it has to end somewhere. The stitching also is a bit spread out, maybe that's what you're talking about? But not a big deal, who is going to notice that.

4. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 2nd and 5th pictures are Before/After with the edge sealer.
    Over a month since these have been oiled or treated. I just wipe them with a wet microfiber cloth and brush them

2 people like this.
  5. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Well-Known Member

^^^Did you smash the toe box on those? Maybe it's just an illusion from the angle, but the toe area looks flatter.

Nice color they transitioned into. But no shoe trees?

6. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

i think its a illusion because the part where the toes bend has creased so much and the boot is also curling up. looks the same as my wolverine 1000 i used to have. you have to remember we are on a forum where most users try to not crease their shoes/boots as much as possible so they won't reach this kind of break-in :stirpot: :stirpot:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  7. DeanC

DeanC New Member

Yes, that's exactly it, the frayed leather. The other boot is perfectly smooth there, like it's one single piece of leather.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  8. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Just got my rust pair today and I love them. Now I have to ask, before I start wearing these things, how do I protect them from getting tinted blue by denim fading onto them? Just got a new pair of Skinny Guys too, and I'd like to prevent my boots from getting all dyed up the way my wallet/current shoes/literally everything else have.

9. Deviantfish

Deviantfish Member

Cuff them, should cut down on the dye loss.

10. Pecan89

Pecan89 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm pleased with the color. I was on the fence between tan and rust but no regrets about the tans.
    No show trees here but I've never done any real smashing to the toes. I wear them out drinking and for park walks. Think its a combo of them being a 13 and the angle

11. momotarou

momotarou New Member

So I'm curious as to how they're supposed to fit. I usually wear a 7E in AE so I grabbed a pair of these in 7E as well. Putting them in they're pretty tight/snug to the point where part of my foot looks like its bulging out of the side a little and I'm curious as to whether I should wear them and let them stretch out or grab a bigger pair. I tried on 7.5D and the ball of my foot sits a little far back (I'm fairly inexperienced as to where the ball of my foot should sit in a boot) and when I step with 7.5s they feel pretty roomy in the front and have a huge crease as I step.

12. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

Once I complete a reapplication of Obenauf's LP on my boots, I've been thinking about using Saphir Cream Polish to clean up the dings and abrasions. Maybe mahogany for the rust pair and black for black, obviously. There are some areas where I've worn away the top layer of leather down to the duller brown part of the rust boots, and darkish brown color on the black boots.

Any reason not to use Saphir Cream on them?

13. Crane's

Yes.

14. Mr M

Mr M Well-Known Member

I scuffed my cordovan 8 at the front slighty. What colour polish do i use to hide this? Ox blood okay?

15. Crane's

Yes.

1 person likes this.
  16. Willin

Willin Well-Known Member

Could someone please advise where I can get replacement waxed leather laces for my 1000 milesin rust color? I remember reading somewhere that you have to mail in for them or something? If this is still the case does anyone have ther address?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  17. ben2t

ben2t Well-Known Member

18. ben2t

ben2t Well-Known Member

19. Mr M

Mr M Well-Known Member

www.therightlace.com

20. Willin

Willin Well-Known Member

Damn - $18.00 for laces?! I seem to remember that mail-in option was something like ~$5.00. Was I imagining that?

Thanks for the link, by the way.