1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

I wish revolve had the 1000 Miles Original in Black, boo!
    I keep saying the phone is your friend and the number you dial is in my sig.

2. SJC83

SJC83 Well-Known Member

not seeing the 1000 miles on the site[​IMG]

3. jessetk313

jessetk313 Well-Known Member

4. jessetk313

jessetk313 Well-Known Member

^ Dial!!

5. meso

meso Well-Known Member

not seeing the 1000 miles on the site[​IMG]

Do you see using a phone?

6. SJC83

SJC83 Well-Known Member

Ok, Ill call, what kind of SF discount is offered?

7. mrhills0146

mrhills0146 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I picked up a pair of these boots in brown. Very impressed so far. Comfortable right out of the box, so I think they will be very comfortable once broken in a little bit.

The break-in process for these won't be anything like a pair of Red Wing GT boots. No thanks. I compared the Wolverines to the Alden boots and just could not justify the price differential. The Alden Indy boot is marginally nicer, sure, but it's not worth the extra versus what I paid for the Wolverines, no way.

I like these enough that I may go back and get a pair in black too...

Cheers.

Matt in Atlanta

8. vicesman

vicesman Member

I've had these boots for a couple months now and I love them. Here is my size guide:

new balance, adidas = 12
    chucks = 11 or 11.5
    red wings IR and GT = 11
    1000 mile boot = 11

here are some pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mrhills0146

mrhills0146 Well-Known Member

I sized down more than expected - wear a 12 in Asics running shoes and a 10.5 in these boots fits perfectly.

10. vicesman

vicesman Member

You are right I do have a bit of wiggle room, no heel slippage on the 11 so I could probably do a 10.5 for a more snug fit. If you wear 12 in most sneakers get these in 10.5 or 11.

11. changed

changed Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of the older Katahdin boots that I like, but I've finally got to admit it: the 1k's are so beautiful [​IMG]

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

13. acarlton

acarlton Well-Known Member

question re Topy? Can it be applied to a worn sole? I'm not entirely happy about how my 1k mile soles are wearing so quickly (although maybe I'm just being a baby), also the soles feel dried out recently, so it'd be nice to have some traction.

Should I Topy now, or just do it after a re-sole?

14. giraffe lookout

giraffe lookout Well-Known Member

I just got a pair of Addisons and I like them a lot. I did have to size down more than I expected. I wear a 10.5 in most trainers. I can fit into a 10 in a lot of Allen Edmonds. I had to size down to a 9 in these. They are a little tight in the toe box but I expect they will stretch a little bit with wear and the length is spot on.

15. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

question re Topy? Can it be applied to a worn sole? I'm not entirely happy about how my 1k mile soles are wearing so quickly (although maybe I'm just being a baby), also the soles feel dried out recently, so it'd be nice to have some traction. Should I Topy now, or just do it after a re-sole?
    I suppose you could but I would wait. My cobbler is ordering up the half soles for my resole job. it'll be interesting to see how they turn out commando style.

16. dsbkoko

dsbkoko Well-Known Member

deciding between Tan Suede/chromexcel Indy, Cigar Red Wing GT or Black or Tan Wolverine Addison or 1000 mile.. what do you guys think?

17. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

It's hard to decide as they're all great boots. I have one of each. If you're gonna go with just one, I'd do the GT's.

18. illumin8em

illumin8em Well-Known Member

19. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

deciding between Tan Suede/chromexcel Indy, Cigar Red Wing GT or Black or Tan Wolverine Addison or 1000 mile.. what do you guys think?

To be honest I like Red Wing and Wolverine boots over Alden. Alden to me makes better shoes. I don't see the need to pay $150 extra for an Alden boot.

Also, from what I've read, the Red Wing GTs are a pain to break in. Wolverine seems easier and look better IMO. I like Red Wing's more rugged offerings.

So in short go with the Wolverine. I'm getting a pair in black soon

20. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Are you guys using Montana Pitch Blend and Obenauf's just reapplying after use or are you using any other products in between coats?