1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

If you have to size down 1.5 sizes you have something very wrong going on.

1 person likes this.
  2. NamlikeaG6

NamlikeaG6 Active Member

From the side, the Wolverines look much better and "slimmer" to me as well. Now, only if I could find a pair around $200 to 250... :D

3. NamlikeaG6

NamlikeaG6 Active Member

A 10D in the park avenue is TIGHT on my feet so sizing down 1.5 sounds crazy but... 9UK in pimlico is comfortable but definitely isn't as snug as I thought it would be, even when I'm wearing very thick winter socks.

4. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. It does seem weird to size down so much. I'll have to go back and try them on again. I went back and forth like 10 times and couldn't decide.

The 10.5 I'm selling are definitely too big though.

5. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

I sold all my Red Wings because I could not get over the Ronald McDonald bulbous toe shape on all Red Wings.

6. lascaux

lascaux Well-Known Member

Sorry guys I have read numerous posts, and know to size down 1/2 size from dress shoe and 1 full size from regular shoes like Nike, but I am just wanted to clarify something.

I wear a 9.5 in Nikes so I am thinking to size down to an 8.5, but is that assuming I am wearing THIN dress socks? I plan on wearing normal black cotton socks (NOT thick wool socks).

Or should I order a 9 and that should fit me when I wear regular cotton socks? Does stretching due to wear come into account? I don't want the boot to fit then become looser after a few months.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  7. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

For reference, I wear an 11 in Nike, 10.5 in Converse and Sperry, 11 in Clarks DB (although I should wear a 10.5), 11 in Cole Haan and a 10.5 in 1K's.

Everything other than 1K's are with regular socks. I wear midweight wool socks with 1K's. I initially bought 10D in the 1K's but they were too tight, even with thin socks.

On another note, the 10.5D Alden Indy in True Balance felt significantly narrower and smaller than the 10.5D 1K.

8. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

What are you on the brannock device? Go 1/2 down from there. Sounds like you`ve been wearing shoes that are a bit too big

9. lascaux

have you tried red wing iron rangers?

10. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  11. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

12. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

Nike's are weird man. I wear a 10.5 in Nike but a 9 in Wolverine's.

13. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

i tend to think of nike as true+0.5 and wolverine1k as true-0.5. So there is a full whole size difference in my opinion.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  14. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Also curious if Crane's can get the Samantha Pleet line. Would like to get a pair for my wife.

15. lascaux

is this with regular cotton socks? or thin dress socks?

16. trig

trig Well-Known Member

that's the only thing he mentions in his post that he doesn't think he can get... he just said this as recently as a couple pages back

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  17. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Ah sorry. I only check this site from my phone so I sometimes miss info. Appreciate the heads up though.

18. MrColdiron

MrColdiron New Member

So I got my wolverine boots in 10.5 D but i'm thinking they might be a tad big for me. I'm an 11c in the allen edmonds park avenue and another one of their wingtip shoes. they are my best fitting shoes. I wear a 10.5D in cole haan so I ordered the 10.5D wolverine. was that a mistake? I'm worried my heel is just a bit too narrow for the boots.

19. DustyDust

DustyDust Active Member

For reference, I am a 7.5D on Brannock. The perfect fit in the Wolverine 1K is 6.5. I had a size 7, but it was clearly too big for me. Length was the issue.

20. 2doubleu

2doubleu Well-Known Member

go 1/2 size down from these for the 1K.