1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rollin Tumble, Feb 1, 2010.

1. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Would wolverine resole shoes after you've had raptor halfsoles put on? I think this has been asked before but ive forgotten. I just wanted to get that in there before the douche above me starts cursing my entire family.

2. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you treated the soles like you did. One coat is enough. You spend all your time on the uppers not the sole. Oh and the stitching issue isn't an issue and never will be. Perfectly normal. Damp concrete is nothing compared to what I walk on. The scree around the lakes I hike is predominately White Burlington Chert. It's the same stuff native American people made arrowheads, spear points and knife blades out of. It's nasty stuff to say the least and after 3 years of walking around in it my soles are still attached to the boots.

I think it should be mandatory that anyone who buys these boots has to go for a 3 day hike with me. LOL! After that people wouldn't worry so much.

3. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Well-Known Member

This shouldn't be an issue, the half soles are just glued on top of the leathers, if anything just replace the raptor half soles if they are worn out.

4. Crane's

Wolverine doesn't recraft these. You bring them to your favorite cobbler.

5. Perdogg

Perdogg Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a pair of the Wolverine Winchester and can relate his experience with them?

6. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Cost me $26.00.

7. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Well-Known Member

I can't even see the thread on the soles of my 1K's anymore - lots of dragging from riding and wearing in wet.

8. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

just for the sole? or the sole and the service (obviously i know the service will be charged differently everywhere, but just trying to get a general ballpark)? that's not bad at all.

9. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

Sole/service.

10. bik2101

wow. awesome. by any chance, are you in nyc? if so, where did you go?

11. mg2380

mg2380 Well-Known Member

I'm in Denver, CO. But I'm willing to bet you can find a similar deal in NY.

12. bik2101

cool thanks. will definitely look for that then. i thought it would be a lot more than that.

13. Crane's

Oh no, it's not expensive by any means. It gets expensive if you do a full recraft/resole. That will run you a C note maybe more depending on who does it.

14. bik2101

cool. thanks all for the info.

15. RAYZ-ACE

RAYZ-ACE Active Member

Bdud mentioned a guide created by Crane, i searched but couldn't find it, can anyone let me know where i can find it or what page its on in this thread. Thank you.

16. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

17. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

18. Crane's

Listen Up!

I'm bringing in a pair of the original 1Ks in #8 size 10. There's a limited supply available in the rest of the size run so if you want them better give us a call. When they come in I'm going to take a pair of brown, rust and the #8s and take a photo of them side by side in daylight and under 5500K artificial light. You'll have your reference for the difference in colors finally.

I can get the Krause boots in both colors. Again the supply is limited and I have no clue when they'll be back around. PM me for details and I'll just say this. Merry Christmas from all of us at Cranes.

I'm also going to bring in Snoseal and Obenauf's and stock it too. I just need to figure out who the suppliers are.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  19. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Giving you a call tomorrow. So the #8s aren't the limited LTD versions, right? Can't afford those...