1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. shortlefty

shortlefty Well-Known Member

No idea, he promised a video explaining what he did in Italy but nothing so far. He did have a sale so I think waiting another 2 weeks is understandable. Hopefully he has something insane coming up that we can all look forward too. We all also need to remember he is a one man company.

2. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that, and I have no doubt he's not pulling a Drew Keith. He usually does weekly or bi-monthly updates though.

3. single origin

single origin Well-Known Member

Really wish Mauro would make more popovers for the summer, a linen or tencel fabric would be awesome. Sid Mashburn just started an MTM for the shirts maybe Mauro can include that option in the future for his stock fabrics.

4. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

Mauro has posted some pics of new hand dyed sweatshirts on Instagram

Linen or tencel popovers would be awesome

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  5. bbconair

bbconair Well-Known Member

how do WvG shirts compare to JE?

6. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Comparing WvG bamboo-sorona u-necks to JE cotton-modal curve u-necks, WvG

- fabric has a softer hand and better drape
    - is cut a little shorter with a straight hem (like if you cut off the curved part of the JE tee)
    - has a slightly larger neck opening
    - has slightly slimmer sleeves (and maybe a hair shorter)
    - doesn't have a tag at the back of the neck
    - is a way better value at half the price

7. bbconair

bbconair Well-Known Member

thanks - that's helpful. i guess the point is, these are better alone, and je better for layering

8. lbrig

lbrig Well-Known Member

If anyone wants 43 slate blue Thomas Mason overdye for a good price, let me know. Brand new, never worn.

9. OhHello

OhHello Well-Known Member

Spoke with Mauro last week. He's got some cool stuff coming for the summer- some really nice polos, linens, and summer cotton shirts coming in stock sizes that he'll receive in June. Check these out:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's also in the midst doing another run of bamboo-sorona tees in some nice spring colors. If I'm remembering right, there was a light purple, a couple nice blues, and a blue/white ombre (I'm probably missing at least one). The ombre looked really nice, and will definitely be on my list. Sorry, I don't have pics of those.

Sounds like he's working on a really nice fall lineup. Of course, nice flannels, but also some interlock knit tees, some luxe sweatshirts in cool colors (see below), and some sidezip sweatshirts to accommodate sport shooters.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

These look pretty cool!

11. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Rad. Fingers crossed for a u-neck option on the next run of tees.

12. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

I really would like bamboo sorona long sleeve tees like the batch made a year or two ago. Slim sleeves that are long for stacks, small hems on the bottoms & sleeve cuffs. I'd most definitely take raw hems too. I have a bunch of those but I'm too big for XS now, would love to get some in S if anyone has any they aren't wearing.

I have the deep water l/s wool blend tee from this past winter, and while the material is really nice and I appreciate the raw hems, the sleeves are pretty baggy especially after an hour or so of wearing. And like I said, while the material is nice - it also has this shiny luxe look, which I think a lot of people can appreciate but doesn't really work with the other clothes I wear. I love the way the bamboo sorona tees look when worn, some of mine are coming up on three years old. There are plenty of streetwear brands that have the fabric down, but right now they're all scoop hemmed or super long or both. Kinda wanted something that hit at a more typical 2 - 3" below the belt line.

13. orfane

orfane Well-Known Member