1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. shortlefty

shortlefty Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of 150-200 for a wool sweater with MTO. Really depends on the fabric and construction.

2. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Well-Known Member

I reached out to him late last year about suits. He only does MTM suits, not MTO I believe. They'll run you about 1k or so... he definitely has a lot of different suggestions.

3. darknight55

darknight55 Active Member

More interested in cardigans than sweaters for me.

4. staeyoung

staeyoung Member

Did you get the short sleeve or the long sleeve? I got the short sleeve in black and what I got was dark green. I e-mailed Mauro and he said the "black" is actually called "Raven" and is a black green color. And then he just said "If you don't like return it and I will refund you" so matter-of-factedly I was taken a little aback. So this is NOT a mistake? Why would you advertise a dark green color as black, especially if it's not a pre-order item without any real product photos. And I am just told to return it if i don't like it?

Whatever, Mauro's customer service has been otherwise amazing but this one was a head scratcher for sure.

5. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Well-Known Member

I've had at least one of every version of wvg long sleeve henleys since winter 2014, and these are the best so far imo. The fabric feels fucking amazing to wear, the fit and details are great

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

I took a chance on the henleys again and they seem pretty long. Anyone else agree? Maybe it's cause I sized up since last year's were really tight. Fabric is great though.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  7. shortlefty

I got three Henleys last season and the red was too short, black was too long, and indigo was perfect. Seems pretty inconsistent but other than that the quality is there, aside from 4 button exploding on my red Henley.

8. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

I've got some old Henley's from maybe 3 years ago that the buttons just started going on. I need to get that fixed.

9. CharlesThe1337

CharlesThe1337 Well-Known Member

I agree, mine is pretty long too. However, they've always been long for me. The mediums are pretty tight in the arms and chest for me, so I don't think I could size down successfully. I only briefly tried mine on, but it didn't feel as snug as last years (or the year before, I can't remember. Black and pink are the colors of the old ones). But I think it may be due to fabric differences and the amount of times I've worn and washed the old ones.

10. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

I'd rather have it be a touch too long than a touch too short. Any tailor can shorten it for you for probably $5 or less. I wear mostly higher rise trousers, but I own one pair of jeans that have a relatively low rise, and whenever I wear them I'm thankful for the extra length on the henleys.

11. CharlesThe1337

CharlesThe1337 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not super worried about it. The extra bit of length on the bamboo Sonora stuff actually makes for a pretty good drape!

12. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Yeah, fabric this year is pretty stretchy, which I like.

13. Cocainium

Cocainium Member

Did everyone get their avocetta tees? I ordered one with the oppossum and got the oppossum in November, reached out to Mauro and he said the avocetta was delayed still. Wasn't sure if others got theirs and it's just me.

14. junglcmndo

junglcmndo Well-Known Member

I haven't received the avocetta yet either. I do think three was one person that got it in this thread, but not sure.

15. GoodTwillHuntin

GoodTwillHuntin Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten the Avocetta and I don't think anyone has. Originally it was some sort of double fabric weaved together. In the shrink tests, the fabric bunched up all weird so Mauro had to send it back. He's in the process of getting some replacement fabric I believe.

16. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

In the new blog post he says he's going back to the avocetta factory and the button-up factory (seems like there will be at least one reckoning).

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/blogs/blog/i-am-off-to-italy

17. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

Yeah, no one has gotten the Avocetta.

Did anyone order the Verbena tee and get it?

18. reezy

reezy Well-Known Member

The new henleys are my favorite. love the drape and the fabric this season. Will order more of them :slayer:

19. shortlefty

Mind posting a fit pic? :)

20. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Have people received their fall flannel preorders yet? I received tracking info for my flannel + henley order, but it hasn't updated and I wasn't sure if it was waiting because the flannels hadn't been delivered.