1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by falathar, Oct 6, 2015.

1. wheen

wheen Active Member

I sized down 1 for Uniqlo

2. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

Same here, 31 in WvG 30 in Uniqlo.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in

Just a few reasons we prefer to use Supima cotton.

4. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

WvG beanie and u-neck. This year's crop of beanies is fantastic as always, and the u-neck may be the softest t-shirt I own.

5. rayrayray

rayrayray Well-Known Member

Can somebody confirm that the email for wolf vs goat is

wvg@wolfvsgoat.com

?

I'm trying to contact him but to no available luck.

6. shortlefty

shortlefty Well-Known Member

He usually replies quickly (1-3 days max?) and i emailed him plenty of times. That is the correct email but has this one: mauro@wolfvsgoat.com which i am not sure if he uses anymore. Alternatively you can use the fill in email thing he has on his site.

7. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Well-Known Member

Can anyone who has tried on both comment on the fit differences between the USA bamboo rollnecks and the Italy Fiocco/Opossum ones?

8. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

His latest newsletter said he's out of town until January 2. That might be delaying things. He's quite responsive otherwise.

9. CharlesThe1337

CharlesThe1337 Well-Known Member

I was looking at the same last night. According to the size charts, they should fit exactly the same. At least for this batch of shirts.

I was looking at the size charts last night, and I have several bamboo sonora shirts from last year, and I think one from the year before last. Measuring last year's made in USA bamboo shirts, it appears that Mauro has tweaked the fit of them a bit. Several mediums I had measured in right at 21" in the chest, and about 26" in length. I measured the shoulder too, but I can't remember. It was smaller than the measurement listed on the size charts for both USA and italian.

So it appears that these ones are a few inches slimmer in the chest, and about an inch and a half longer. Is anyone else getting that too? Or am I just missing something? I seem to remember seeing some discussion on here about the increased length in the opossum shirts. I don't remember what the consensus was though.

10. Rook1

Rook1 Member

I am also interested in seeing some fit pics on the new bamboo v-necks and u-necks shirts. I'm 5'7" and curious if the length of the shirts are longer than I would like.

11. shortlefty

shortlefty Well-Known Member

Quite sure a small would fit you perfectly. I'm 5'9 and find them just a tad too short (160 lbs).

12. aerimorla

aerimorla Well-Known Member

I'll try and take a picture later, I'm about 5'8".

1 person likes this.
  13. CharlesThe1337

CharlesThe1337 Well-Known Member

Well, last night I ordered a medium v-neck tee in "stone", I guess we'll see how it works out. I was just browsing through the thread, and it sounds like in addition to the extra inch in legnth, the sleeve opening was widened a bit too. Here's to hoping it works out!

I'm about 5'9 and 155-160, for the guys who were posting about sizing. I made the decision based on my small eggplant tee from a few years ago having the same chest width as the current tees, 40". Even though last year's mediums are a bit looser on me, the fabric drapes so nicely that it still looks pretty good.

Also, got my marled wine basketweave (gift for my brother) and my dark purple basketweave in today! Both colors are awesome.

14. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Anybody have the charcoal / navy trousers in Enzo that can comment on the rise? Wondering if you are able to tuck your shirt in or no? Want it for work pants.

I like the leg opening hem of the Enzo as I find the predator too wide, however worried I won't be able to tuck in my shirt.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  15. OhHello

OhHello Well-Known Member

They are low rise, but not excessively so for me. I have a lot of enzo pants and chinos, and probably wear them to work 2-3 days a week. People seem to have very different requirements for a minimum rise, but I have not had any issues with tucking my shirt.

16. chupas

chupas Well-Known Member

You talking flannels? I have the charcoal in Enzo. Wish I still had the navy but had to size up and Mauro didn't have any more in that size.

They're totally fine for work pants, I am currently using them (and a couple other Enzos in different materials) as work pants and wear them a couple times a week.

1 person likes this.
  17. k9n

k9n Well-Known Member

I bought the Wifi Signals shirt in sz 41 and I'm afraid it is too small for me. If anyone is interested in purchasing it, PM me.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  18. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

anyone know when the henleys are supposed to be ready? Hoping to give them another shot after I saw the ribbing will be different this year.

19. NotClever

NotClever Well-Known Member

I don't think the enzo rise is unprofessionally low, but I find that it makes my torso look awkwardly long when I tuck in.

20. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Well-Known Member

It also depends on your body proportions as well. I just recently bought a pair of jeans described as mid-rise and none of my button up shirts are long enough to wear with it. My trousers all have high enough rises that I can tuck my shirts in comfortably but the rise on these doesn't even hit the bottom button. The pair of Enzo's I have isn't bad and I can tuck my shirt in, but a higher rise is not something I would be against. I'm 6'2 for reference.