1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Winter Coat Thread FW11

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SeanathonHuff, Oct 4, 2011.

1. lektrix

lektrix Well-Known Member

Where can I buy that?

2. AHShadow

AHShadow Well-Known Member

I'm hesitating on getting a Krane Emory Bomber vs TOJ Fishtail. Can anyone comment on how warm it is for Canadian winter (i.e. -30 degrees celcius)??

3. CBrown85

CBrown85 Well-Known Member

File it under amazing and unattainable.

4. Gavin

Gavin Well-Known Member

Definitely Krane.

5. Hatch&Whisk

Hatch&Whisk Well-Known Member

I know a shop that has that winter parka in an olive, but the red I have no idea

6. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just picked this up, pretty warm and slim fitting.

7. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Well-Known Member

lmao -30, average day in winter is probably -5 to -10

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

I have some stuff from them and it's really well priced, there stuff is also fairly common in the UK.

I have just bought a Norrøna /29 Parka, it's goretex and ret9, so that should be an improvement from my CG.

9. NormanF

NormanF Well-Known Member

Expensive. You can get a Spiewak Gold Fleece N3B parka off Rakuten for $260 - made in USA with real coyote fur hood trim. Considering these are imported nowadays, I like the quality and the price.

Krane sucks for most folks.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  10. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Since you seem to be working for them, this is in poor taste. Although I do think the Krane is awesome and totally worth it

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  11. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Well-Known Member

Do you guys think a wool coat will be warm enough to survive Canadian winters? (I don't like bombers or parkas) Thanks.

12. AHShadow

Yeah,the coat seems really good, I just don' know if I want to drop that much for a coat though, still thinking about it! Thanks.

Yeah, well in Monteal, the average is probably a bit higher than TO, but I still want to make sure the coat can handle harsh conditions like those.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look it up!

13. AHShadow

I actually had a Peacoat for the whole winter, last year. I survived it, but I think a bomber/parka is a better option. You can buy a wool coat though, just make sure to layer a lot.

14. NormanF

NormanF Well-Known Member

A wool coat is warm but you want a Canada Goose parka or an N3B parka - with them, you can survive subzero Canadian winters in comfort.

15. lektrix

Can you really compare a $200 polyester-filled Alpha N-3B Parka to a $600 100% goose down-filled Canada Goose parka??? I don't think that Alpha N-3B Parka can withstand -15C weather, but the CG can definitely do -30C...

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

It depends on the model, I've had 2 (chiliwack and Constable) and neither of them was warm enough for -16C (-25 with wind chill), I had to wear thermal underwear and heavy knits underneath.

17. lektrix

That's strange, everyone in Canada swears by the CG...

But just comparing specs, I don't know how or why the Alpha N-3B Parka can even be recommended. I myself want one because I like the look of it, but what if it doesn't keep me warm???

18. arodriguez

arodriguez New Member

I'm not a big fan of any fur on men's winter coats, but I do like some of the parkas. The greatest look for a man in winter is a wool pea coat. They look great on most guys and are very stylish!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  19. lektrix

Yeah but they don't keep you warm.

20. Diversification

Diversification Well-Known Member

I am looking for something with some style and that is probably significantly lighter than the majority of the coats being mentioned here. I was wondering what you guys think about these two. I really like the looks of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011