1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

Just got my tan antifits in the mail today, what do you guys think about the fit? I ordered a size 30 although i would say my true waist is probably 31, the waist doesnt fit tightly, nor does the thigh area, but the lower leg is relatively tapered on me.

Pants look nice to me, but I wouldn't wear em with a military styled coat or boots

2. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

Just got my tan antifits in the mail today, what do you guys think about the fit? I ordered a size 30 although i would say my true waist is probably 31, the waist doesnt fit tightly, nor does the thigh area, but the lower leg is relatively tapered on me.

I think you would benefit wearing them with possibly a more low-profile shoe. Possibly a pair of sneakers. They look lighter than I expected. Is that a flash on your camera or would you say thats pretty true to color? Also curious at the inseam length and your own height and weight. sorry for the 20 questions..

3. eseanyang

eseanyang Well-Known Member

thanks for the advice melonade and slack, the color of it is darker definitely, the lightness is most likely due to the light i had on while taking the picture. I am 5'9 and weigh 158 pounds. The inseam is 34 so pretty long, i just rolled them up. Can i ask why you guys don't think they look so good with large boots and better with sneakers?

4. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

Everything you're wearing there sans the anti-fits, from the pea coat(?) to the boots just appear and are very wintery. It also appears the leg openings are really struggling to fit over the tops of the boots and it looks slightly awkward (just in the interest of an honest critique). If the legs are that tapered then let them lay naturally behind the tongue of your shoe. Also the anti fits are a spring/summer pant and I personally believe they will look best with something light and airy up top to match the nature of the bottom block. Whether it be a nice fitting t shirt, a button down, thin sweatshirt or hoody...something to that effect.

edit; just wanted to add that I do think they're a nice pant, it looks like you sized them very well, and I think there is a lot of potential and play around ability with them

5. melonadejello

thanks for the advice melonade and slack, the color of it is darker definitely, the lightness is most likely due to the light i had on while taking the picture. I am 5'9 and weigh 158 pounds. The inseam is 34 so pretty long, i just rolled them up. Can i ask why you guys don't think they look so good with large boots and better with sneakers?

They just give off a playful, punk vibe that's really casual, and pretty much the opposite of the structured coat and shiny boots.
    I'm still kind of trying to figure them out myself. I like them, but they're weird and seem to conflict with...themselves. Especially since most places just have khaki and olive.

6. pockets96

pockets96 Well-Known Member

Got a couple of S/S 2011 pieces in the last few days. I snatched the navy chinos (size 28) and the black large loop terry hoodie (small), both from RG. I also grabbed the black sweatpants (small) from Haven.

The inseam on the chinos is definitely longer than past seasons––the 28s have almost a 31inch inseam––, if I'm measuring it correctly. The hoodie fits nicely, a tad long on the sleeves but I just folded the cuffs over like slacktide mentioned above. As for the sweatpants, I definitely could've gone with the XS, but I'm still liking how the small fits.

For reference, I'm just over 5'7, and 127lbs.

7. eseanyang

eseanyang Well-Known Member

Everything you're wearing there sans the anti-fits, from the pea coat(?) to the boots just appear and are very wintery. It also appears the leg openings are really struggling to fit over the tops of the boots and it looks slightly awkward (just in the interest of an honest critique). If the legs are that tapered then let them lay naturally behind the tongue of your shoe. Also the anti fits are a spring/summer pant and I personally believe they will look best with something light and airy up top to match the nature of the bottom block. Whether it be a nice fitting t shirt, a button down, thin sweatshirt or hoody...something to that effect.

edit; just wanted to add that I do think they're a nice pant, it looks like you sized them very well, and I think there is a lot of potential and play around ability with them

Thanks kindly for the critiques, i think that you have a very good point

8. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

- Bush Pant (navy). These will be go tos this summer. Tall folks beware, you will be wearing cropped pants. These have little to no break on me at 5'8"...waist sizes are still running big.
    I've been looking at those pants. What I really want are the shorts version. However, I'm concerned if they are very slim and if they ride above the knee...I prefer a looser fit w/ shorts. How light is the material? Would rolling it up a few times be a good option if I was looking for shorts? I had intended on buying the shorts to wear on a tropical island (instead of jeans).
    I almost wonder if a tailor could alter the (elastic?) cuffs at the arm opening. Sounds totally weird to do to a hoody and I'd have to make sure they can do it well, but with the amount of wear I'm gonna get out of this it would be worth it. Anyway, I don't ever post fit pics around here but I may do that or at least post some close ups of the burnt orange color and fabric. It's a great piece.
    I wouldn't alter the elastic part of the sleeves. I rolled up the sleeve on this hoodie (and all hoodies, actually) without thinking twice. I didn't think they were meant to be worn with them down. Unless you have gorilla arms. and by all means, do a fit pic. I think the burnt orange hoodie was something that caught a lot of people's eyes on the look book...and I think Haven is the only one (so far) with them available.

9. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

Stel's has gotten their first W+H shipment in earlier this week. I had been dropping by once a week since they kept telling me it was on the way. Not sure how long it will take for them to place the items on their webstore, but they did have the burnt orange large loop terry hoodie for you folks in the states who are weary of ordering cross country.

I'm still on the fence about picking up another hoodie, even though I don't currently own a W+H one. The other items they had were the indigo overdye sweatshirt, grey nep dungaree shirt, double layer jersey hoodie, and some henleys.

10. melonadejello

Stel's has gotten their first W+H shipment in earlier this week. I had been dropping by once a week since they kept telling me it was on the way. Not sure how long it will take for them to place the items on their webstore, but they did have the burnt orange large loop terry hoodie for you folks in the states who are weary of ordering cross country.

I'm still on the fence about picking up another hoodie, even though I don't currently own a W+H one. The other items they had were the indigo overdye sweatshirt, grey nep dungaree shirt, double layer jersey hoodie, and some henleys.

You should consider that the F/W hoodies this year are going to have that high neck thing going on.
    If you want one without, kop now, if you like it, then wait [​IMG]

Though my opinion is that if you don't want to rock it true to size (tight and short), then don't bother, you'll just look like a victim. This is why every fit that gets posted with one looks like suck.

11. 5tan

5tan Well-Known Member

Hopefully the shipment Nomad just got in has the anti-fits, I think they're kinda interesting.

12. s3lam

s3lam Well-Known Member

I called them on Monday and according to the guy I spoke with he told me that they did not get the anti fits yet. Most of it was the "archives" stuff not the "research" line. However, if you are close by no harm in popping in. I also wanna try those Anti Fits on!

13. Fahim.

Fahim. Well-Known Member

I'll have a few more pieces up on the site by the end of the day today. Black Anti-Fit Pant White 1x1 SS Rib Knit Crewneck Brown L/S Plaid Button Down

14. 5tan

5tan Well-Known Member

I called them on Monday and according to the guy I spoke with he told me that they did not get the anti fits yet. Most of it was the "archives" stuff not the "research" line. However, if you are close by no harm in popping in. I also wanna try those Anti Fits on!

A shipment came in yesterday, I think? I was told from a friend of mine they got anti-fits in black, khaki and the olive.

From their twitter, I think it hits the floor tomorrow.

I'm debating if I should head over there, well, more so debating which colour(s).

15. s3lam

s3lam Well-Known Member

cool 5tan keep us updated....i hear ya....I am not sure which one I like better...wish I could just get both...lol Actually I was at Holts today and tried on the black and olive anti fits. I tried on the 32's. There is a lot of room in the thighs and then tapers nicely. Actually the calves felt pretty snug. Kinda felt like the material was wrapped around my calves but you can't really tell from the pics. Still not sure if the fit really suits me but I kinda like it. Excuse the socks. Didnt want to take pics with my boots on. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I feel about those but I'd love to try them on myself. The fit in the thigh area in the first olive pic looks questionable. I have several pair of Acne Ken chinos that have a perfect amount of baggyness->taper for me and recommend them to any tall, skinny folks.

17. s3lam

s3lam Well-Known Member

yeah now looking back at the pics I dont know why the olive one looks really baggy at the thighs from the side view.

18. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

A lot of talk in this thread for some ugly pants... the bush pants are so much better, we need pictures of those.

19. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

I think the fit looks good. They are what they are.

As for me, I wear chinos all day at work. My "anti-fit" would be to wear jeans, and I look forward into getting into jeans all the time.

I was surprised at how popular the anti-fit chinos are...I even dropped into Acrimony and they seemed really interested in the anti-fit.

As for me, the bush pants seem a lot more attractive, as they have a use...

-chinos for work
    -jeans for casual
    -bush pants for outdoor/activity casual

don't see where the anti-fit...fits in.

am I alone on this? maybe I just need to try them on to see the hype.

20. filth

filth Well-Known Member

it just depends on your style, i prefer the anti fit over the bush pants cause it just suits my style more.