1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bowvalley2000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

Still waiting for those damn polos. Are the fits on the SS BD's same as the FW flannels?

being they're most likely out of the same factory and appear to be based on the same cut, I would say yes. unsure of the polos. i think last year they came out a little later too..

2. nowiremember

nowiremember Well-Known Member

slack what size chest are you? im 38"

3. upwards416

upwards416 Active Member

Still couldn't get home before the sun went down...but here is a quick fit of the mack in size small. Apologies for the dirty room, shitty cell pic (blah blah etc) but at minimum you can see where the coat hits on the thigh and how the size small fits me at 5'8", 130 lbs..(36 suit)

this weekend i'll get some real fits up

coat doesn't look bad in this pic, but in person, much better..(my opinion, of course..)

[​IMG]

Good looking jacket, looking forward to further pics. I need something longer for spring and fall, hmmmm.

4. upwards416

upwards416 Active Member

I liked it all the way up until I checked the price! Wings & Horns do make some great quality pieces but I can't justify it.

5. slack tide

slack what size chest are you? im 38"
    I am a 36" chest. 36S suit. 5'8", 130 lbs, 28" waist. a 38 chest would generally be a medium and my suggested for w/h assuming a reasonably athletic build
    Good looking jacket, looking forward to further pics. I need something longer for spring and fall, hmmmm.
    Thanks. I'm going to get some nice fits this weekend. Actually hoping for some rain this time around.. I've worn it every day since I received it. The weather has been fluctuating like wild. Doesn't matter. Rockin' the black mack. Pant color doesn't matter, shoe/belt color doesn't matter -- it's just all currently about the black mack. I've been pairing it with just about everything and it's been up for the challenge and looking solid.

6. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Any clue why this sweater is called "navy" as the color? I want to get it, but it sure looks grey to me. Am I missing something? What color do you think it is? 4HM labels it as navy in their title. http://fourhorsemen.ca/shop/double-layer-crew-navy/
    [​IMG]
    Is the Indigo Terry Crew Neck the same thickness as the Large Loop Terry hoodies, or is it more of a long sleeve crew neck "tee shirt"?
    I can answer this as coincidentally I just got both the crew neck and the large loop terry hoodie. The crew neck is definitely a sweater and not a tee-shirt. But it isn't as thick as the Terry Hoodie. The large loop hoodie is (like people said) very stretchy and soft. It is a very good idea to size down. For example, the L in the crew neck fits perfect, but the L in the hoodie is too big.

7. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

It's navy. Their chabanel was like that too but you can tell the difference. Is it navy like the navy loop hoodie? Naw, but it's blue tinted.

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

How sure is everyone on the sizing of the large loop terry hoody? I'm 5'10" about 145 lbs, size 30 waist... usually wear a 38...when I've tried on W + H hoodies in the past they were too small in size small.

I don't own much W+H, but I'm a medium in Japanese sizing (BR, Real McCoy's, etc.) I'm a medium in BoO, Small in Gitman Vintage, small in almost all brands' t-shirts (except for maybe Wings + Horns)

I'm worried about the length of a size small with my height, but people are saying they are really stretchy. I definitely don't want to layer it with more than a t-shirt or polo.

I'd consider myself a small in most U.S. sizing, but I take a medium in a lot of slimmer fitting brands.

Anyone care to help? Small or medium? Anyone with my same stats own one?

Thanks.

9. Brinbro

Small if you can handle a length of about 24 - 25". Mediums are definitely 25" but probably big on you everywhere else.

10. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Well-Known Member

How sure is everyone on the sizing of the large loop terry hoody? I'm 5'10" about 145 lbs, size 30 waist... usually wear a 38...when I've tried on W + H hoodies in the past they were too small in size small.

I don't own much W+H, but I'm a medium in Japanese sizing (BR, Real McCoy's, etc.) I'm a medium in BoO, Small in Gitman Vintage, small in almost all brands' t-shirts (except for maybe Wings + Horns)

I'm worried about the length of a size small with my height, but people are saying they are really stretchy. I definitely don't want to layer it with more than a t-shirt or polo.

I'd consider myself a small in most U.S. sizing, but I take a medium in a lot of slimmer fitting brands.

Anyone care to help? Small or medium? Anyone with my same stats own one?

Thanks.

Go with medium

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

Go with medium

Thanks. But now I have conflicting advise. Can anyone chime in with a tie breaker?

Thanks

12. nowiremember

Thanks. But now I have conflicting advise. Can anyone chime in with a tie breaker?

Thanks

i can try to help.. i am 5'7" 145 aprox 38" chest. and i purchased a L from Roden and had to send it back for the medium. The medium fits very good, not tight in any way. I could probably even get away with the small in a snugger fit. id recommended medium for you.

13. slack tide

Thanks

Gonna have to say a medium with a 38 chest, 5'10", 30" waist.. That is just to be on the safe side and to avoid any return issues. You could pull off a small, but you risk it being pretty snug. Especially if you decide to zip it up. This is me (5'8", 130 lbs, 28" waist, 36S Suit) in a size small hoodie (previous season, but same fit).

[​IMG]

As far as the stretch goes, they are stretchy without question. Especially being if you tend to go awhile without washing them. But after you wash it on gentle, cold -- reform it, and lay it on a flat surface to air dry. It should return almost to it's original shape after completely drying. Never mess with it until it's totally dry. If you find the medium is too big, maybe even wash it, and then throw it in the dryer on medium heat for a while. Dry about 50% through, then removev and lay flat to finish drying. Warning with the navy and black options. They will pill considerably if you let them hit the dryer so I would avoid that if possible.

There are so many variables with sizing wings + horns and so many people with questions on how to size it. Bottom line, it's kind of difficult, and opinion based, hence all of the conflicting advice. Ideally, if you really want solid advice, and it's your first w+h item -- take the time to just mark out your face and post a picture of yourself, head to toe. Then post your height, weight, waist size, and suit size. Also maybe describe yourself in terms of body type, and be honest (i.e. Overweight, average, athletic, thin athletic, skinny). If you don't know your suit size, and don't have anyone to measure your chest (under the armpits all the way around, or across the widest part of your chest), then just take your favorite fitting shirt (how you like your clothes to fit) and measure it straight across the front, from pit to pit, which should be anywhere from 18" to 22"+. If you provide this info, someone, if not myself, can nail your correct size in two seconds.

14. slack tide

the haul and most likely the final stuff i'll get from this season's collection..

bush pant in navy - japan
    white henley - ca
    double layered gauze cotton bd in indigo - japan

For my fellow American's, I will report the time of order placed to time of order receipt from Roden Gray to a major city along the Eastern seaboard. Earlier I had stated an approximate two week wait time from several experiences - some disagreed.

Order placed: 2/2/11. Order confirmation received email 2/2/11.

15. Brinbro

Honestly, you should be okay with a small or medium, over time the small will stretch some but I guess washing it may be problematic for shrinkage.

I'm 5'8" 160 lbs and the medium fits like a glove. I wear a 31-32" pant and a 40" chest. So, to 'un-conflict' I've been convinced that you should go with a medium and let us know how it works out. If it helps, I think I misread the part about the small fitting too small in W+H for you (since it definitely has not gotten any bigger over the seasons). [​IMG]

Thanks

16. mustard

mustard Well-Known Member

I own a loop terry in medium and I'm 5'8"/147 lbs. It's definitely stretchy but I plan to use it as a layering hoodie. I have a medium terry one from 09 that doesn't stretch, which I wear just over a tshirt.

17. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

It's navy. Their chabanel was like that too but you can tell the difference. Is it navy like the navy loop hoodie? Naw, but it's blue tinted.

Gotcha. I think I know what you mean...I might actually have one of their henleys in that color...perfect!

18. nowiremember

i'm waiting on some measurements from roden so i can place an order for the double layer crew. just not sure if i should go black or navy.

19. JME3000

JME3000 Member

looking at them sweat shorts from roden gray...whats the sizing like tho??...i'm a 30x32 so which size...small or medium??

20. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

If anyone knows where I can pick up the burnt orange mac in a medium please let me know.