1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings & Horns Preview: M65 Coat

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kane, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

Kane, is it like.. ridiculously slim fitting? So much so that I (a size small) should camp out the morning it drops for a medium?

I have the same question. Not because I need a small, but because I'm like a hulking giant compared to most of the beanpoles here. [​IMG]

And it looks like the rabbit fur is detachable, right? I really enjoy that feature (the fur), but I won't be wearing it around my bunnies.

Man, I really hope to get one of these.

2. seoulfully

seoulfully Well-Known Member

I was actually considering seeing if Fred Segal would ship it to SF, but... argh. ARGH. I don't know. Maybe.

thanks for the heads-up re: slim fit hoods. My favorite is the red tiger fleece.... red & black instead of red & white, HELL YEAH!

i'm pretty sure AYN got his spruce hoodie from Fred Segal and they shipped it to SF for him.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

i'm pretty sure AYN got his spruce hoodie from Fred Segal and they shipped it to SF for him.

Yeah, Fred Segal will ship, as will American Rag.

4. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Well-Known Member

Nice jacket apart from the fur

co-sign on that.

however that leather tassle hoody in that video that kane posted is the fucking shit.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I like the fur, I think it's well executed and that's a rare thing. Lad Musician also did some interesting coats with fur this season. I could be interested in this jacket but alas would not wear anything but a small. BTW what's the deal with buyers and small, they don't like slim people, most high fashion/post-skater/whatever style you like high end boutiques are always out of smalls and got plenty of L left for sales, conclusion=buying more smalls and less L would be a good idea.

6. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

I like the fur, I think it's well executed and that's a rare thing. Lad Musician also did some interesting coats with fur this season. I could be interested in this jacket but alas would not wear anything but a small. BTW what's the deal with buyers and small, they don't like slim people, most high fashion/post-skater/whatever style you like high end boutiques are always out of smalls and got plenty of L left for sales, conclusion=buying more smalls and less L would be a good idea.

I have to agree with you on the fur. It's very well-done and a nice change of pace. I'll have to disagree on stock though; I definitely appreciate all the stocking of large outerwears. [​IMG]

7. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

2 M, 2L, 2 XL.

When I said limited, I wasn't kidding.

Ah, I see. I'm starting to believe your motivation in posting this was to inspire covetous desire without any hopes of actually satiating said desire. You're an evil, evil man.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Ah, I see. I'm starting to believe your motivation in posting this was to inspire covetous desire without any hopes of actually satiating said desire. You're an evil, evil man.

Yes, he is. On the other hand, United Arrows and another Japanese store has something close to 90 pieces between them (of course, the Japanese shop like no other nation can, so 90 pieces is nothing if the piece becomes a hot item.) You could always order through a Japanese service if you want the piece that badly. ime, however, prices are 20% higher than in North America.

9. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy, the fur is the best part. There are a million M65s out there, more widely available and cheaper. The well-done fur sets it apart.

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

11. Saucemaster

Agreed. I give it the
    [​IMG]

Dude, the green box is the best Annie's ever. I can't find it here.

12. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

I don't fully understand the whole anti-fur backlash. If you're a vegan, okay. But I eat meat, wear leather shoes, have a shearling coat and even could dig out a genuine leather baseball glove from the back of my closet, so a little bit of rabbit fur does not offend me in the least bit. So unless you don't wear any leather, unlikely coming from this type of board, it doesn't quite pass muster with me.

13. Saucemaster

I don't fully understand the whole anti-fur backlash. If you're a vegan, okay. But I eat meat, wear leather shoes, have a shearling coat and even could dig out a genuine leather baseball glove from the back of my closet, so a little bit of rabbit fur does not offend me in the least bit. So unless you don't wear any leather, unlikely coming from this type of board, it doesn't quite pass muster with me.

Yes, but animals with fur are usually cute. Cows are ugly mofos.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

Yes, but animals with fur are usually cute. Cows are ugly mofos.
    HAHAHAHAH[​IMG]

15. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

Animals with fur are also very warm. Wearing live rabbits tends to be a bit too cumbersome though.

16. mass

mass Well-Known Member

it's because the only male who should be allowed to wear fur is a 'gentleman of pleasure'.

17. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Guys. Made a mistake. These are going to hit more for like between USD$600 and USD$700 on the shelves.

I'll have some more interesting news in a bit.

18. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

Guys. Made a mistake. These are going to hit more for like between USD$600 and USD$700 on the shelves.

for those that don't have that kind of money to spend, the Gap. $128 and probably half that if you wait until the end of the season.

[​IMG]

-Jeff

19. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

I'll have some more interesting news in a bit.

Whoaaa. Still nice, but not in my income bracket anymore. Maybe in a decade, lol.

20. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member