1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Is it supposed to be worn oversized? I was planning on sizing down one from my typical W+H size (XL).

I think we're pretty similar measurements and you got L...

edit:
    Wings + Horns replied to my email. They said they recommend getting the XL. But the chest is 24.8" and my chest is about 42". I feel like I'd be swimming in the thing.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. pl0nky

pl0nky Well-Known Member

A guy in my class had a black tiger fleece hoodie today in class and it looked amazing. I've never seen one in person before and didn't realize they looked that nice. Anyway, I've been eyeing their hoodies for a while now decided to finally get one. I'd rather not get a light one from this s/s season. So I'm think of getting either this:

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/colle...-for-steven-alan-full-zip-hooded-sweater-grey
    or this
    http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/colle...e-fleece-full-zip-hooded-sweater-grey-melange.

What would you guys say? Also, I'd rather have a heavier one. The w+h one doesn't say the weight and stevan alan x w+h is midweight. and for about 5'10 ~155 pounds what size would you guys recommend? small, medium? Sorry for questions I've never bought their hoodies before.

I'm assuming that there will be no more w+h tiger fleece hoodies because that's for RC now right?

P.S. my w+h raws blew out in just under two months :/ I think they might have been too slim in the thigh but I even went up to size 30. Ah well.

3. Distorbiant

@pl0nky have you looked into reigning champ as well?

4. pl0nky

pl0nky Well-Known Member

Yeah a bit, but right now I'd rather get one of the w+h ones I listed because of the reduced price. Also I think I wanna wait a little to see if RC has any new stuff to offer soon

5. Distorbiant

Both brands are on sale right now and use similar fabrics. I think the W+H items use riri zippers while the RC ones may not. I know someone on here had an issue with the ribbing of his W+H hoodie form this season pulling up around the front waist a bit oddly.

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I prefer RC over W+H for fleece. I mean, they are essentially the same company (same fabrics same manufacturer) but the RC fits are better for me and I like the (even more) minimal touches. Plus the forest green heavyweight from this season was killer.
    Like was said above, both brands tiger fleece stuff can be found for sale at numerous places right now. Just go the stockists page on W+H right now and click a few links, you're bound to find your size somewhere.

7. pl0nky

pl0nky Well-Known Member

hmm should I not get w+h yet then? I'm really leaning towards the vintage full zip with the high neck. The things I'd want from RC aren't in stock.

8. Distorbiant

They're both good. It just comes down to taste.

9. pl0nky

pl0nky Well-Known Member

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get the vintage one. I was looking at it earlier in the season and decided to wait. Do you think I'd be okay with a medium at 5'10" ~155 lbs? Thanks for helping btw

10. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Aren't the RC full zip sweats a little larger, too? Seems like they are.

11. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

-I will also note that the RC Crew that I have is warm as hell, and it's not even the heavyweight one.

12. OccultaVexillum

Eh, Slimmer yes, not larger. If you're an XL in RC then you'd still be an XL in W+H fleece. W+H are slimmer all around though. I'd say RC are definitely better for athletic types, W+H better for general pop. At least in my experience. And I do like the high zip and elongated cuffs on the current W+H.
    Again, they're all very similar and a sister companies but they have slight differences (mostly in fit) that bring everything back to preferences. I own about 10 pieces from RC and 4 W+H fleece pieces and like all of my RC better (except for the W+H tiger fleece sweats from a few seasons ago).

13. Distorbiant

RC, I'd say, maintains a more consistent quality output than W+H. At least in my experience. But then again RC is mostly basic stuff. W+H gets their misses from design choices or outsourced items.

@pl0nky you should look up the measurements on the www.wingsandhorns.com site. You're probably a medium but better safe than sorry.

14. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

seems like the Gilt WH hoodies are a year late.

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

lol, spot blown. I've been scoping that one out for a few weeks now :embar:

eh f-it, my size is sold out now

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  16. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Do it. I only got like 40% off mine but I love it!

17. korovamilkbar

korovamilkbar Well-Known Member

Varsity has been 50% at the Tannery in Boston/Cambridge for a while, a couple of sizes left would have copped but weird fit on me.

18. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

I dislike varsity jackets with zippers instead of buttons

19. OccultaVexillum

If you're an XL the tartan varsity is up on Bloomingdales website for $264.
    But you better hurry cos I'm pretty close to picking it up and if it's still there tomorrow morning I'm copping. So, yeah, somebody else buy it before I do.