1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ajain05

ajain05 Active Member

Cool, yeah in retrospect the comparison makes little sense. Im usually a 31 in most things, so a 30 should probably be OK. was your pair of 34's large to begin with, or did they stretch enough with use?

2. deejaysoy

deejaysoy Well-Known Member

If you're a 31 in most things then 31 is your best bet. I have the West point chinos and the slim jeans in 32 across the board. I'm a 31 in PS and 30 in NS. Hope that works!

3. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

My 34's were a large to begin with. I haven't experienced any stretch with them but since the waist is loose to begin with I can't really comment on whether or not you normally would.
    I'm 34 in all of my other W+H westpoints (chino and 5-pocket) as well as the bush pants, but for whatever reason the tweed ones are looser. I ordered online and they weren't horribly big so I didn't bother returning for the 33's, but if I was in the position to try them on beforehand I def would've gotten 33's.
    Hope that helps.

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

how slim are the sleeves

6. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Pretty slim, especially after a wash.

7. Distorbiant

:(

Does anyone have the sneakers from this season? Would appreciate a mini-review.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

the leather ones that sort of look like CP's but with leather laces?

I've got a couple of pairs, no sure what you want to know in the 'review'... fit, construction, value, style, etc?

9. Distorbiant

Pretty much everything you mentioned.

I noticed they used a different upper this time around too.

10. dispora

dispora Active Member

So has anyone tried on the Mid-town chinos? The regular westpoints in my size are a little slim but pretty much perfect. But I'm looking for a tan chino for a little more casual wear. If I size up for the Mid-Town, it seems like it would balance out and give me a slim but not too slim cut. Of course there is very little info on them and I'd love to hear some hands on reviews.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

ah, actually I picked mine up on sale earlier this summer so they might have been FW 2012 or SS 2013 not sure. Got the ones with the suede uppers in black and brown.

As for overall review, well I'll first say that the retail was about $380 or something, which is meh, but probably overpriced. I bought them both on sale for about $200-250 and they're fair at that price. I'll say that the fit is quite a bit wider in the toebox compared to CP's. They have less padding sinside too and mine are suede but still not really as soft as CP's. I really like the suede and leather combo. While I like the captoe, and it gives it a bit of a Lanvin look, in some cases it doesn't quite bend properly so may cut into your toes. Most importantly, I have found a few issues with construction quality. The stitching along the cap toes is not aligned in several spots and the leather inside like at the heel has started to to break down just from rubbing and i've worn these like 15-20 times only. They feel a bit sort of flat and chunky compared to CP's for example and actually a bit heavy. Overall I like the design but will say that they're not sleek and minimalist, rather textured and a bit chunky so I can't imagine wearing them with just shorts in summer in a way. Anyway, that's just some random thoughts, let me know if there was something specific you wanted to know.

2 people like this.
  12. CBrown85

CBrown85 Well-Known Member

The uptowns aren't much slimmer than the regular west points. They feel like a higher rise, though. The side seam looks a lot dressier than the west points, which is great for work.

13. Distorbiant

Oh god my W+H knit is beginning to pill really bad

oh god why didnt i check the undersides of my forearms sooner

its made in china too

damn you w+h

14. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Which knit?

Also, any ideas where to find either knit vest on sale (other than the wh website)?

15. Rommel

Rommel Well-Known Member

Sounds like the engineered knits. The handknits are still made in Canada.

16. Distorbiant

Yup this is a crewneck from F/W 2012 that I got on sale.

It's a nice sweater but seeing that MiC tag was a disappointment.

17. Distorbiant

It looks like all of their 'regular' knits are sourced from chinese or indian factories, along with their accessories like scarves, beanies and gloves.

18. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Ehh so what? I have a cashwool sweater from this season - made in China - and the quality is right on par with all my made in Canada W+H stuff. Doesn't bother me to be honest - there's a reason why those are made in China and not Canada.

1 person likes this.
  19. wizzeak

wizzeak Well-Known Member

anyone else having this issue with w+h hoodies especially when unzipped?

quick doodle lmao. I guess if you have had the issue the picture would make sense. basically the hoodie sags down on the sides/rides up in the middle. its fine when zipped but unzipped it looks pretty weird and its actually caused me to not wear it much at all.

[​IMG]

you can kind of see it happening here but all the fit pics online it lies flat horizontally but on me it still tilts up in the middle unzipped

[​IMG]

I guess its just the fabric stretching but in the middle it keeps because of the zipper. still irks me how odd it looks unzipped.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014