1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

Really don't like the ribbed collar--I would buy it in a heart beat if not for that. Wasn't sure if it was just me, though.

2. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wings + Horns Peacoat with Leather Sleeves & Trim. I think this is the 2010 FW? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This IMO is much nicer than that shawl collar peacoat.

3. misterjuiceman

wow! How much did that go for?

4. Brattman

Brattman Well-Known Member

I believe that peacoat retailed for around $800. I thought it was incredibly ugly, especially compared to some other great W+H outerwear offerings that season.

5. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

"Ugly" was the common consensus on that piece. Personally I thought it was okay... beats the crap W+H puts out today though.

6. MonsieurLock

Yeah, I feel you on it not comparing to what they put out that season for outerwear, but I'd take it over that ribbed collar peacoat they put out this year.

7. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

^ I've tried on both the leather sleeved peacoat and the rib collar peacoat.

Leather Sleeved from 2010 is definitely uglier.
    But both are pretty damn ugly.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not a peacoat, but among W+H jackets I still think this is one of the very best, if not the best they've put out.

I also remember going to a shop and the sales girl flat out told me not to even bother trying on the 2010 leather sleeve peacoat. She said the W+H jacket I had on was much nicer ha.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

I think that Varsity, the Foul Weather Bomber and the Wool Field Jacket are the best outerwear they've ever produced.

2 people like this.
  10. misterjuiceman

if only they brought it back

11. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

This is one of their nice jackets from 2010--fits a crucial spot in the wardrobe
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. MonsieurLock

Oh shit. This is by far my favorite thing they've put out.

13. MonsieurLock

What's everyones thoughts on S/S 13?

14. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

nothing worth buying at retail

15. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

It sucks?

I'm slowly fading out W+H and only buy select sale items/ebay/yoox - looking into buying more made in america products like Taylor Stitch at much more reasonable prices without the "fashunz" mark up. I owned the leather varsity up there, it was nice, but the raglan shoulders looked goofy on. Looking back at all the W+H I've bought I feel kind of underwhelmed, other than the tiger fleeces (but they're just hoodies..) and a few unique fabrics it's all kind of boring. I bought the WH x HR fishtail and that's pretty sweet, but the fit is boxy, which is disappointing.

16. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

The only thing I would consider buying this point forward is their tiger fleece hoodie, if they put out one in a nice design with nice zippers. I have two from a couple season ago and they get plenty of wear and have held up very well and I actually like them very much.

Had their sweatpants, and was pretty [​IMG] for a while, but then the thing loses shape and the waistband gets all out of funk.

Also would consider if they put out a really nice outerwear for F/W 2013. Like a nice peacoat that probably retails for $700, but get it for 50% off.

17. misterjuiceman

I think the FW11 tiger fleece hoodies are the best, though the latest designs aren't terrible. Aren't they back to using RIRI for all zippers though?

18. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

^ yes, those are the ones, the scuba neck slays. fit was nice too. high and tight, but then would relax as you broke it in.

And they have these really nice RIRI 2-way black zips.

The 2012 one look a little too sporty with that stripe down the side...which I think was hidden in a lot of the pictures posted (model had hands down on side).

19. misterjuiceman

So glad I bought three! Incredible-looking hoodie.

20. Brattman

Brattman Well-Known Member

On the topic of W+H and the worthwhileness of this and forthcoming collections, I'd say that FW10 was the last collection that was pretty excellent overall. The outerwear pieces were great (sans peacoat), the shirting and pant offerings were well done (the plaid flannels I have from that season are still two of my favorite FW shirts), and the prices were lower. FW11 had some even better outerwear offerings, a couple great shirts (my favorites were the Egyptian cotton chambray and wool plaid flannels), those awesome camo pants, but the prices were crazy high compared to the previous year (although I can see why, as many of the more expensive pieces featured some subtle and interesting details that would drive up the cost of production). Fast forward to FW12 and I'd say I was far less interested in many of the offerings this year. The outerwear did not interest me at all, I wasn't a fan of the design of the more military-styled pieces, and I'm not crazy about the fit of a lot of their basics. The pieces that I was really into (and bought at retail) were the camo bush pants, the purple overdyed oxford, and the camo "sulfur" (more like "olive") shirt. I also really liked the ombre knits, but again the price was too high for my liking.

With respect to the upcoming SS season, I've never been one to get all that excited about W+H's SS offerings. I'm interested to see the fabric of the trucker jacket, but that's about it. I think I only bought one W+H piece last SS (2 pack v-neck tees), and I'll likely sit this one out altogether. I'd say there's some much more interesting stuff going on with other brands, like EG.