1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Well-Known Member

I have it....and the original from the spring....amazingly well made jacket. If you're in a cold climate....I'd say it's a no brainer. Looks dope with a hoodie underneath.

2. reezy

reezy Well-Known Member

Amazing. It's one of my go to pieces . Also have the parka when it gets ridiculously cold and need to cover my ass.

3. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you also have a Krane Emory bomber as well?

4. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how the hoodies fit? I'm a big 44 / small 46, wear S most of the time, sometimes XS.
    I have the chance to get a grey zip hoodie in S.

5. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

If this is a tiger fleece hoodie I think you'll be happy with the fit of a size small. They run pretty slim.

6. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

I just picked up the last medium parka from Yoox. Are you the same size in the bomber and fishtail parka?

7. culture

culture Well-Known Member

I just picked up a fishtail parka sz M as well after seeing your post. Seems to be at least one left.

8. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Well-Known Member

Let me know if the medium doesn't work out.

9. Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

Got mine today(in grey). It's a sick jacket,looks good, warm, and the fabric is part cashmere so it's pretty soft. They could have gone a little lighter on the down though as its pretty puffy. Im 6' 175lbs somewhat built top half and a large fits me properly

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

Wool A-2 Bomber is pretty nice. Not a big contrast between the marled blue knit sleeves and the body, which I was glad to see (relative to the grey version). Very heavy and thick. Heavy duty riri zip. Nice lux ribbing (stand out). Good lining with sateen like material in the sleeves. No big frills here (sans the knit sleeves) - just a nice interpretation of the A2 style bomber with typical w+h build quality and materials. More than happy with it at ~60% off.

edit; all pockets very functional, including hand warmers. Interior pocket has the D-ring

11. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Anybody have a 31 Camo bush pant they want to trade? I now have bought a 30 and a 32 and neither fits. :embar:

12. qcqc

qcqc Well-Known Member

13. VJAYEYE

good to hear about the A-2 and MA-1, expect for that when I went to purchase both were sold out in large :(

14. ennui

ennui Well-Known Member

This echoes my thoughts almost exactly, except I only got 55% off through Roden Gray since I had to grab the last one in my size.

15. wizzeak

wizzeak Well-Known Member

lol since you have both sides of the spectrum would you recommend TTS, size down, or size up? im assuming 31 is your TTS though

16. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Well-Known Member

How badly does the 30 fit? Is it possible you'll be able to stretch it out? I found mine to be snug at first, but not tight, and it definitely loosened up after a wear or two.

17. VJAYEYE

anyone know when wings and horns gonna do another price drop online?

18. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Well-Known Member

I do like the charcoal MA-1, but it looks a little too puffy for my taste. A sleeker quilted MA-1 would be nice

19. Rommel

Rommel Well-Known Member

There's reigning champ x haven MA-1 in heavyweight fleece with liner vest that is sleeker than the W+H version. It comes in black or grey, http://www.reigningchamp.com/special-projects-haven-ma-1/

20. Donut

Donut Well-Known Member

^It's a nice jacket. Very warm