• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Reaction score
Just got my size 31 raw straights from need supply today. I had originally tried them on at a store locally but they were too big (size 32) on the waist. After trying them on again today, the fit was quite disappointing. I think it was slack that mentioned the extra fabric around the crotch area that makes things look really weird, and it is true for me as well. The ones I tried on were a lot roomier in the thigh through crotch, but these are just pretty damn near painted on with a droopy ass. This season's denim is just not for me I guess. I hope W+H can only improve on their cuts so I can try again :embar: If anyone locally (Los Angeles) wants them hit me up before I package them up for a return.

Last edited:

Reaction score
double post oops

Last edited:

Max_Yeah_True

Reaction score
^ it sucks eh. they need to be more consistent with their sizing.

question: around what size are the w+h blankets in the sample sale? and are they like the same as the ones im currently seeing on certain online shops?

http://havenshop.ca/collections/wings-horns/products/large-tiger-fleece-blanket

^ like those? just want to compare the quality and then to the price to see how great of a deal this sample sale is. hoping theyre almost just as good quality.. or maybe i dont understand the meaning of sample sale..?

ryosuke

Reaction score

And I say this every year, but a gentlemen's agreement amongst Vancouver SFers - if you're picking up anything to resell and someone from the forum wants the piece to actually wear, be a gentlemen and sell it to them at cost (or +$5/+$10 or something) :slayer:

Amen to that. But you know those who don't have work on a Thursday are probably gonna cop all the good stuff and flip it for much more on the B&S after the sample sale. If any Vancouverites are just copping to sell, please leave me all the smalls or XS so I can actually wear them? Please and thanks.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Theres always going to be somebody who buys $2000 of stuff, and lines up before you. The line ups get worse every year as well, so get there early

deem

Reaction score

Are scuba hoodies new for this season? Interested in a proxy for them if they have any from older seasons.
(picture from current season)
WH%20F11%20grey-suede-hoodie.jpg

As far as I know, the only hoodie with a high neck sold before this season was the W+H X Ace Hotel Hoodie, which is not very likely to be at the sample sale (but you never know).

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as I know, the only hoodie with a high neck sold before this season was the W+H X Ace Hotel Hoodie, which is not very likely to be at the sample sale (but you never know).

I have that one, way nicer than the regular tiger fleece.. nice heavy weight to it, and super soft.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA

Lyon State is having a 20% off Friends and Family sale starting in like 2 weeks. :slayer:

Their W+H's stockist is kinda slim, but some good items in there.

Last edited:

racknac

Reaction score
^ how do we get to become friends or family? I like the Our Legacy Shield Jacket... wondering if it will be too thin for winters in Chicago.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i find the w+h denim (i got a pair this season) are the type where if the waist is to big so you wear a belt, it makes the crouch look like a big V (not ******, the letter V). Mine originally didn't look great on me, but after a couple weeks they look a lot better now for some reason.

AtrocityVector

Reaction score

^ how do we get to become friends or family? I like the Our Legacy Shield Jacket... wondering if it will be too thin for winters in Chicago.

That jacket is a monster. I spent last January in Milwaukee and I feel that it would have been great for that.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newbie question, how to size hoodies? 35-36" chest. American Apparel S is a touch too slim.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Newbie question, how to size hoodies? 35-36" chest. American Apparel S is a touch too slim.

Judging from your chest you are probably a small. I have a 37-38" chest, 5'10", 145 lbs. I take a medium in the tiger fleece hoodies. The small is too high on me and a bit too tight. However, I take a small in every other W+H top. (sweater, henley, tee, BD, flannel zip). I took a small in the large loop terry hoody from spring but only because it fit too loosely in medium (less tight weave). I feel like the hoodies, especially tiger fleece, generally run smaller than some other items. Some other might disagree with me.

If I had bought it in a small it would have been too high for my frame and I wouldn't have been able to layer anything more than a tee under it. The medium actually fits me perfectly for my build, besides maybe that I like to cuff the arms. (I also know a lot of people end up doing the same).

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Judging from your chest you are probably a small. I have a 37-38" chest, 5'10", 145 lbs. I take a medium in the tiger fleece hoodies. The small is too high on me and a bit too tight. However, I take a small in every other W+H top. (sweater, henley, tee, BD, flannel zip). I took a small in the large loop terry hoody from spring but only because it fit too loosely in medium (less tight weave). I feel like the hoodies, especially tiger fleece, generally run smaller than some other items. Some other might disagree with me.
If I had bought it in a small it would have been too high for my frame and I wouldn't have been able to layer anything more than a tee under it. The medium actually fits me perfectly for my build, besides maybe that I like to cuff the arms. (I also know a lot of people end up doing the same).

Thanks! I'll give the small a shot. The 19" p2p doesn't worry me if it doesn't taper too much at the waist. (Which is why the AA small and Uniqlo XS are too slim for me.)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a 36 chest and like 5'7. i take small in everthing w+h. i think it fits well in chest but i feel like EVERYTHING from W+H is slightly short and im not even tall. but i guess its intentional but i just like my things to fit slightly longer, but i get over it lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads