1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Well-Known Member

If I'm a size 9 in chucks which size sneaker should I get?

2. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

41 or 42 depending on how wide your foot is.

3. _inwonderland

_inwonderland Well-Known Member

Heads up for people in Vancouver, Gravity Pope still has an olive fishtail parka in a small marked down to $569.99 and with an additional 20-30% off with their current sale.

4. culture

culture Well-Known Member

42 or 43.

5. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

43 will be to big, im 9.5 on normal sneakers and 42 is sometimes too big.

6. Fashion Fan

Thanks for your help!

7. culture

have you tried on the w&h shoes?
    i wear an 8.5 in chucks and ive got 2 pairs of the w&h sz 42 and they fit the same.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  8. Fashion Fan

Should I go for a 43 if I'm a sz 9 in chucks or do you think the 42 will eventually stretch out? How tight/loose fitting are they overall?

9. culture

I think a 42 will be too tight, you need a 43. If you buy a pair of shoes that are a half size too big, its no big deal, put an insole in.

10. Fashion Fan

Got my reversible hoodie a few weeks back and have been loving it until I noticed the poor manufacturing the reverse side. Kinda disappointed with this sort of quality on a $200+ hoodie. Is this standard for w+h? I'm gonna e mail them about it and see what they have to say. Definately disappointed but still a sick hoodie overall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  11. Fashion Fan

Do they stretch at all? I would rather buy smaller and have it stretch out to a perfect size, not a big fan of wearing insoles on shoes and having them look disproportionate to my legs.

12. Family Death

Family Death Active Member

Love this guys fit.... I wish my bush pants fit more like this. I'm not a very bulky / athletic build by any means, I've always worn slim pants.. but my bush pants are wayy more tapered looking than this. The worst part is how fitted they are in the knee, almost too skinny!

13. sameers

sameers Active Member

I hope you post there response. I am interested to know what they say.

14. Fashion Fan

Really disappointed with the reply. They basically glazed over the issue entirely by ignoring it. Although they did offer to return it, for a company that prides itself on quality I'm disappointed. Reply below.... "Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are having some concerns with a product of ours. Based on the photo that you sent us, we are not able to tell exactly where the problem with the stitching lies, and unfortunately, we cannot send you a replacement as we do not tend to carry overstock of inventory at our warehouse. However, if you are unhappy with the product, what we recommend is please taking it back to Haven to do a return on the item. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you, but will help in facilitating the return if that is what you choose to"

15. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue, and it was 'solved' similarly. I guess they really can't do too much. I had an armpit bust in one of the new 'scuba' tiger fleeces last month and just had my tailor fix it for like 5 bucks - wasn't worth the hassle of contacting W+H or Ssense where I bought it. I had another piece from Frances May rip along the seam similarly to my scuba last Fall, the store offered to pay the tailor's charges for the fix (it was like 4 bucks, so I didn't bother then either). It happens, but I literally have hoodies hold up better from Banana Republic and Nike Outlets...

Fashion.

16. blakhart

blakhart Well-Known Member

Anywhere online still selling the black hightops?

17. Dear Leader

Dear Leader Well-Known Member

Mine fits kind of like this but the waist is a size too big which I don't mind at all because I love how the legs/thigh fit. It's odd how disproportionate the waist/leg measurements are. It's way too tapered, and I even believe the guy in their lookbook is wearing 2 sizes above his natural waist size.

18. Family Death

Family Death Active Member

Exactly..

Mine are too big in the waist as well, and the leg is just a bit slimmer than I expected. I swear they're even slimmer than my westpoint chinos, which is pushing it..

19. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

I sized up on the bush pants and just had my tailor take in the waist. They were WAY too tight in the legs when I went TTS (and I don't even have big legs to begin with). Definitely my favorite piece of the season.

20. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member