1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wurlwyde, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ysb

ysb Well-Known Member

they run about a size big. if you happen to have any common projects, (or know what size you are in them) they run the exact same size wise

Thanks!

2. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

^uuhh is that grey blazer the 2-buttoned recycled fleece blazer? I just received mine...was thinking about selling it to fund another purchase but I might just keep it. Fits too nice and quality is top notch. I'll be buying more w+h more often.
    Did you size up or order your normal W+H size for the recycled fleece blazer ? I'm having a dilemma picking the right size, since i cant try it on...

3. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Well-Known Member

^hey I basically just went by the measurements given by haven and was just concerned with the shoulder measurement. What is your height/weight? Maybe if we're similar in build, I can help you out with a fit pic.

And Greaaat, the new W+H finally appears and I just spent all my $$ on that blue/indigo Eternal knit that was posted in the B&S here.

Still hoping to get measurements in the navy flannel.
    Might grab a few thermals. Everything else is beautiful but too pricy after a massive shopping splurge

4. FlyingLotus

Hey thanks for the quick response - I'm 6'4 180pounds...

Normally a large in all W+H stuff (hoodies, shirts, jackets) but I was advised by the shop to go up to an XL because the blazer is short?.. But I'm worried the shoulders are going to be too wide...

Any suggestions ?

5. ubc121

ubc121 Well-Known Member

How does the rib knit henley fit? I have the organic terry hoodie in medium and it is a little big in the shoulders but nothing a cycle in the dryer can't fix. I wear a size 1 in BoO this is not a polo shirts.

6. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

I'd also like measurements on the fleece blazer, very hesitant to order without knowing any measurements whatsoever.

Do Roden Gray normally update with measurements?

7. ysb

ysb Well-Known Member

Are they still doing denim this season?

8. BRMC_doves

The recycled 2 button blazer (the spring/summer version) was actually my first W+H purchase...
    I'm 5'8 without shoes + 140lbs and the medium one me is almost a perfect fit on me.
    I could see how they would reccomend to size up though. I like slimmer fits now and after losing some weight recently I'm right in between a small + medium on most things.
    The front shoulders on mine measure 17.1 inches, with the chest being like 19.5

Some guy just backed out of buying my TOJ MA-1[​IMG] Need to sell it before going ahead w/ buying some new W+H

9. FlyingLotus

I ended up ordering the XL, hopefully it works out...

10. BRMC_doves

^Yeah if the sizing is the same as the S/S line than an XL would be perfect, especially at your height.

I actually might sell my charcoal blazer if anyone's interested at the price I paid through havenshop. $260 shipped MSRP $390

11. aketo

aketo Well-Known Member

What size did you get? Picked up the Oatmeal (S) and was kind of regretting not picking up the charcoal or indigo. Was Roden the only place to get the indigo version?

12. Fahim.

Fahim. Well-Known Member

Are they still doing denim this season?
    Yes they are EDIT: just heard back that they're postponed until Spring '11

13. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Well-Known Member

Yes they are

No news on when, I'm guessing?

14. Fahim.

Fahim. Well-Known Member

No news on when, I'm guessing?

Sorry guys, just heard back that their denim is postponed until Spring '11

15. rmnd

rmnd Well-Known Member

any sneakers for this season?

16. BRMC_doves

Haven just received their first shipment, but it's only like 5 pieces.

Still have the 2 button recycled fleece blazer in charcoal if anyone's interested?

17. Arizor

Arizor Well-Known Member

18. Fahim.

Fahim. Well-Known Member

any sneakers for this season?

Unfortunately not.

19. kejan

kejan Member

The Vest this season is incredible. A massive upgrade over last winter.

20. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

The down jacket and vest look fantastic. If my size is available when they're marked down 50-60% I might be able to make a run at them [​IMG]

I think this FW season looks great overall. I would have preferred wooden buttons on the cowichan knits instead of zippers though, and I really wish they would pattern match the shirt pockets instead of cutting them on an angle, but I like the flannel offerings.

Has anyone handled the wool chinos yet? Those are definitely calling my name.