1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Why do you exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by lee_44106, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Leg lifts, the plank, and the crunch these exercise can be performed on the floor with an exercise mat. Push ups are one of the first exercises everyone can easily perform.
    this workout is for the chest, triceps and even involve your back and shoulder muscles.
    Dips are alternative to developing chest and triceps muscles.

Baltimore Gym

2. imschatz

imschatz Well-Known Member

It's better to be skinny than to be a FAT cos it's easy to gain weight than to loose weight.
    Really? Because regardless of what I do (short of going to the gym as a straight up refuse to do that) I won't gain a pound.

Starting 4 months ago, I have been doing a 40 minute work out, 3 days a week .. that is now up to 300+ pushups, and 200 situps/crunches and a variety of other core exercises - plus run twice a week .. and have gone from eating twice a day, too 4 times a day, plus protein shakes after workouts .. and I am still 5'11, 150 pounds.

Before I ate nothing but fast food, and played video games. So I'm not sure how neither of these lifestyles is leading to any sort of weight gain.

3. stever

stever Well-Known Member

Really? Because regardless of what I do (short of going to the gym as a straight up refuse to do that) I won't gain a pound.

Starting 4 months ago, I have been doing a 40 minute work out, 3 days a week .. that is now up to 300+ pushups, and 200 situps/crunches and a variety of other core exercises - plus run twice a week .. and have gone from eating twice a day, too 4 times a day, plus protein shakes after workouts .. and I am still 5'11, 150 pounds.

Before I ate nothing but fast food, and played video games. So I'm not sure how neither of these lifestyles is leading to any sort of weight gain.

try going to the gym, and then eating your old diet in addition to your current one.

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

There is a solution to this problem you know - if you want to gain, that is.

5. Nicola

Nicola Well-Known Member

There is a solution to this problem you know - if you want to gain, that is.

Middle age?

6. Monaco

Monaco Well-Known Member

Look good
    Attract women
    Fit into the clothes I want to
    NOT getting fat (this one is important)!!
    Longevity
    Vitality

I actually hate my gym (24 hour fitness) mainly because they haven't changed the carpet since I joined over a decade ago and it smells disgusting and makes me want to puke. But I do enjoy exercise somewhat.

7. Monaco

Monaco Well-Known Member

Figure out your basal metabolic rate is, then factor in the amount of activity you do in a day. You must eat more to gain muscle. Don't forget to time your post-workout meal properly. Don't drink that Shake crap, eat whole food!

Lift hard, if there is no intensity, don't expect any results.

I used to have a bit of muscle and didn't really start gaining muscle until I increased intensity and eating right macronutrients at the right time.

8. tombrokaw

tombrokaw Well-Known Member

If you're just talking about gaining any kind of weight, then yes it's rather easy.

You could add mayo to everything and substitute maple syrup for water.

9. Lagrangian

Middle age?

Very witty but not indeed the one I was after. Plyo and bodyweight stuff is excellent for conditioning, but if muscle gains are the thing one is shooting for, progressive resistance is the answer.

10. Nicola

Nicola Well-Known Member

Very witty but not indeed the one I was after. Plyo and bodyweight stuff is excellent for conditioning, but if muscle gains are the thing one is shooting for, progressive resistance is the answer.

Weight lifting won't make him gain weight.

GADD might but just lifting won't pack on weight. My weight hasn't varied more then 1 or 2 pounds in years.

11. Lagrangian

Weight lifting won't make him gain weight.

GADD might but just lifting won't pack on weight. My weight hasn't varied more then 1 or 2 pounds in years.

I was referring to calories in my original poast.

12. Tobias-Wang

Tobias-Wang New Member

Frankly speaking,2 points
    1,look good
    2,hook girls[​IMG]

13. stever

stever Well-Known Member

saved up for two years for that one. it was worth the wait

14. 12jony34

12jony34 New Member

I do exercise for the fitness of body.if we do exercise daily only for half an hour then it will give freshness our body whole day and gives our body a good shape.

15. NoStyle14

NoStyle14 Well-Known Member

it's quite a gratifying feeling when you look at a girl and know you can bench press 2.5x her weight 15x if need be.

i'm also a believer that stronger people are more useful to society as well.

Well, perhaps this was true 2000 years ago. We now live in the Information Age. True Intelligence trumps all. However, physique is still very important when it comes to mating. We sadly are still very primitive and our prefrontal cortex will always take precedence when determining who we find sexual attractive.

16. Fuzzypuppy

Fuzzypuppy Well-Known Member

Well, perhaps this was true 2000 years ago. We now live in the Information Age. True Intelligence trumps all. However, physique is still very important when it comes to mating. We sadly are still very primitive and our prefrontal cortex will always take precedence when determining who we find sexual attractive.

[​IMG]

17. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Women definitely notice when you're in better shape than the average street specimen.

18. rhetttitus

rhetttitus New Member

Mostly for superficial reasons, although the health and psychological benefits are also important to me.