1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Why burberry is so expensive?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bjswifty, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Hiteswar

Hiteswar New Member

[​IMG]burberry is so expensive because it is worlds 3rd costliest brand in the world and the cloth used is so expensive and they were hand made

2. Hiteswar

Hiteswar New Member

[​IMG]burberry is so expensive because it is worlds 3rd costliest brand in the world and the cloth used is so expensive and they were hand made

3. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

Paul Smith is really expensive too. I have to say though manufacturing in Europe or America is crazy expensive, people just don't realize. There's also crushing duties on clothing coming into the states.

4. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

:rotflmao:

2 people like this.
  5. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

TBH I thought much of Paul Smith and Burberry stuff was made in cheap labour third world countries these days, to maximize profits. See also Ralph Lauren. Friend gave me a Paul Smith shirt once, sure it was made here in China.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  6. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

Different record, mate?

7. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

Quite.

Well I went into Paul Smith the other day to buy socks, a lot of the ties and knitwear were labeled made in England or made in Italy.

8. PSFAN

PSFAN Well-Known Member

and shoes!

9. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

:nodding: Very true I think.

Burberry had a serious public image and perception problem with being associated with chav culture. So they went designer and thus expensive. And raincoats alone wasn't enough to keep them going. They now do very well with the brand whoring new money in SE Asia, thank you very much.

There's another recent thread "Is a Burberry coat worth $2000"? Think the answer was a resounding NO!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  10. schalinde

schalinde New Member