1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Who was the coolest Beatle?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brad, Aug 16, 2008.

1. James Gatz

James Gatz Well-Known Member

Having met, on different occasions, both Paul and Ringo, I can say that Ringo is a genuinely nice guy, a gentleman and truly interested in connecting with people. Paul is like any flirt you have met. The world revolves around him. So, of the two, I think it is very cool that Ringo became the most sober, grounded guy after the Beatles broke up.

This is why it's way too hard to answer this question. Probably easier to break it down by decade and then pencil in the coolest for each one.

2. dualpupil

dualpupil New Member

Eric Clapton while he was playing the solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps...

3. Tourangh

Tourangh Well-Known Member

John Lennon. Really surprised that everyone is hating on the guy

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

George,was hands down the coolest.

Ringo hasn't done anything noteworthy since the beatles broke up.

John was a Genius.

Paul seems synthetic to me.

5. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

John Lennon. What impressed me most was that he stuck by Yoko through all the bullshit people gave him over her. Whether or not she's ugly, a bad person, or whatever, it doesn't matter. He loved her and that's all that mattered to him.

Sticking with one's true love rather than trading her in for a trophy wife, even after dealing with all the insults from the media gives him unlimited cool points and I'd have to say he is the coolest celebrity ever, not just Beatle or musician.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tourangh

Tourangh Well-Known Member

John Lennon. What impressed me most was that he stuck by Yoko through all the bullshit people gave him over her. Whether or not she's ugly, a bad person, or whatever, it doesn't matter. He loved her and that's all that mattered to him.

Sticking with one's true love rather than trading her in for a trophy wife, even after dealing with all the insults from the media gives him unlimited cool points and I'd have to say he is the coolest celebrity ever, not just Beatle or musician.

+1

7. ccc123

ccc123 Well-Known Member

8. countdemoney

countdemoney Well-Known Member

George, definitely. He had the coolest friends too: Clapton, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, etc.

Ringo is my other choice and for those hating on him - for many, many years (and possibly still) Ringo had the most successful solo career (Wings and Plastic Ono band are groups) after the beatles.

Also, Barbara Bach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Modernist

Modernist Well-Known Member

Ringo. He seemed to have a healthy dose of self-sarcasm.

And extra cool points for the Peter Sellers connection.

10. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

11. bachbeet

bachbeet Well-Known Member

My favorite was always John. Ringo did have a good sense of humor and a playful attitude. George was usually thought of as the quiet one, yet I read an article about him that said he may have been the biggest womanizer of the bunch (remember the affairs re: Clapton and George's wife?).

As for solo careers, none had John's level of quality.

12. Paul Hallatt

Paul Hallatt New Member

John of course. Silly question. George Harrison seemed like a nice guy but he has none of John's cool quirks. Everything about Lennon was cool from the way he tilted his head back and squinted at the audience with his legs spread to the way he chose the woman he wanted (irrespective of the hate for her). Lennon = COOL and it has nothing to do with the fact he was shot.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Paul was much cooler. John was a nutcase.

14. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was real cool how fake and insecure John was, how he admittedly beat up his women, how he was afraid of Paul's talent. The coolest thing about John is how hard he tried to be cool.

John was a talented songwriter, especially in tandem with Paul, but a hypocrite and a disgusting person.

Stuart Sutcliffe was the coolest Beatle. Know why? Because he didn't need to be a Beatle.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.