1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best leather jackets???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nighttrain7404, Dec 14, 2006.

1. nighttrain7404

nighttrain7404 Well-Known Member

Those are good-looking jackets.

As a heads-up for you, the Italian word "Pelle" has the same meaning as our English word "Leather" when used in a labeling context. Literally, it translates to "skin" or "hide."

Whether the leather is calf, kid, or lamb, it is all "Pelle." Evidently, your jacket labels are bi-lingual. [​IMG]

Hehe..that's like the Mickey Blue Eyes movie where the italian restaurant was called The La Trattoria. So it's essentially "The THE Trattoria"

Well my jackets are then 100% leather leather.

2. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

I would try and get ahold of whomever did the bespoke work on T4's Caribou coat -- it is the most beautiful and badass jacket I have ever seen.

seconded.

-Jeff

3. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

The above list of ateliers was put together by T4phage. He did not explain if he had firsthand experience with them. Seraphin allegedly do not allow visitors or direct orders. They do have a retail shop...in Moscow.

A shop called Purcell on the Champs Elysees (inside a gallery on the north side) has a large selection of Seraphin.

I just keep posting the same list each time someone asks about bespoke leather jacket makers. Don't shoot the messenger, FullCan.

We called Seraphin's shop and were told no visits. Theo Fil also carries a bunch of his work. Or they did in 2001.