1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best belts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dreamtripper, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Well-Known Member

+1 for Equus Leather. I'm quite pleased with the two belts that I've received from them (brown and black).

Likewise with the four belts I have from Equus. Australian nut and burgundy are - surprisingly - not very different colours though. Black is always useful. London tan is more a Summer colour in the UK.

2. foto010101

foto010101 Well-Known Member

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

These look really rather nice and sound like they are made properly. Do you have one and if so does it live up to the marketing?

Charlie

I do not, but will own duret in the future.

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

I have to say - Torino belts, their elite line, carried by Saks, at least in NYC, are amazing.

5. watchcollector2454

watchcollector2454 Well-Known Member

another endorsement for equus

6. gululv

gululv Well-Known Member

If they still have it in stock, buy the swedish army belt from inventory, very happy with mine!

7. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

My Martin dingmans have not really held up well. My best belt right now is an Hermes. I read the hate above but their workmanship really is second to none. Just buy a nondescript buckle like i did so you don't get labeled by others

8. Dodo

Dodo Well-Known Member

If they still have it in stock, buy the swedish army belt from inventory, very happy with mine!

just got one, can't wait to wear it!!

9. NJScreenwriter

NJScreenwriter New Member

Hey All, I apologize if this has been hashed already...I was reading through this forum, and researched a lot of these manufacturers that were mentioned...if nothing else, W. Kleinberg will be my choice, but I was wondering if anyone hear had heard of Saddleback Leather. I am looking for a belt where I can change the buckle, one that I'll have for several years at least and that will look good during that time. Any suggestions?

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

There is a saddleback leather thread on here. I do not have any of their belts, but I think they will probably be too casual for my use at least.

If you are looking for the option to swap buckles, you may also want to check out Tanner Goods. They also have an official thread on here.

11. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Well-Known Member

As do we ;-)

Charlie

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Yes Equus also has an official thread on here too!

13. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

bump....

any suggestions? I am looking to purchase a light brown belt for no more then $200.

14. silentfox74

silentfox74 Active Member

I bought my black quick release belt from http://www.worcestershireleathercompany.com/ and I am extremely happy with it. Thick leather, and solid brass buckle. The difference between a hand made belt and store (even some brand name belt) is noticeable. I may buy my next belt from Equus Leather for comparison and their price point is more attractive.

15. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

16. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

17. Geezer

Geezer Well-Known Member

No idea who makes the best - if the best can actually be defined.

I have a few C&J made belts, that seem to meet almost any belt need I have (note - I wear braces with all bar one of my suits, and a fair number of my trousers have side adjusters rather than loops). I am interested that EG sell belts, and assume they must be a belt version of their shoes, but feel no need to trade up from C&J, who appear to produce a well made product from good materials in a suitably unostentatious style.

I really can't imagine that I would want anyone to notice my belt, frankly.

18. Geezer

Geezer Well-Known Member

Apologies for double post, due to clicky issues.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  19. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

Can second this. I have two C&J belts too and I am very happy with them too.

20. TheBeltMakers

TheBeltMakers New Member

Hi dreamtripper,
    We are The Belt Makers. We quote a 10 day turnaround for retail purchases and would love to get in touch with you. Do please email us: thebeltmakers@aol.com.
    Looking forward to hearing from you...
    Marie