• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

CaymanS

Reaction score

[/spoiler]

How bad is it to try so hard not to try? You know what, that costs you an extra :foo:. This sort of outfit really doesn't belong on Styleforum.

Final score: :foo:

This thread is delivering so ******* hard right now. :foo: is on a sassy spree of phenomenally epic proportions with no end in sight. Keep going!

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is delivering so ******* hard right now.
foo.gif
is on a sassy spree of phenomenally epic proportions with no end in sight. Keep going!
I plan on coming back for more abuse tomorrow.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont agree with foo personally. but thats ok. i came for his opinion, and i got it. foo, i think you too often dance awfully close to the border of being unnecessarily rude, but thats your gig, and it bring the eyeballs. i am now curious as to your opinion on some fits of the past. maybe i shall dig them up sometime.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stitch's outfit is offensive, and it is not technically correct. It fails to properly deploy color, contrast, pattern, etc. A :foo::foo::foo: outfit demonstrates solid taste, if not notably good taste. Stitch's commits the crime of hazarding no taste whatsoever.

Ah, then I misunderstood the rating structure; my apologies.

This (strict) rating system has got me interested in to post here again. Hope I'll get at least one foo too. : )

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose if full-body shots are not required, I'll throw this previously-posted fit up. Looks like the color of the shirt might be a bit washed out, but it is a light blue.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i dont agree with foo personally. but thats ok. i came for his opinion, and i got it. foo, i think you too often dance awfully close to the border of being unnecessarily rude, but thats your gig, and it bring the eyeballs. i am now curious as to your opinion on some fits of the past. maybe i shall dig them up sometime.

Two things, Stitch: (1) I've seen your other outfits, and (2) you have made it abundantly clear, time and time again, you are not interested in anything that contradicts your personal opinion. Unless that second point changes, please don't submit more outfits to be judged here. We're just going to go in circles. Asking people to take time to judge you and then summarily reject the basis of judgment is trolling. Future outfits will be deleted unless you first acknowledge that problem and endeavor to correct it.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's try with these two from teh archives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've omitted the full body shot from the first one because the pants were too close in tone and that's an acknowledged mistake. Interested in how I did with the top half.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I suppose if full-body shots are not required, I'll throw this previously-posted fit up. Looks like the color of the shirt might be a bit washed out, but it is a light blue.

Man oh man, I know you must know I hate purple by now, old-timer. But, ladies and gents, I believe this our first :foo::foo::foo:-level outfit since deployment of the new scoring system.

Unlike others before you, you have demonstrated a successful balancing of tones. From darkest to brightest, tie to suit to square to shirt create a reasonably broad spectrum and fill it out quite evenly.

The one mark against you is that he pattern density in your tie and square a bit close. However, it is a very minor flaw, amidst what is otherwise done quite well. Congrats.

Final score: :foo::foo::foo:

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man oh man, I know you must know I hate purple by now, old-timer. But, ladies and gents, I believe this our first :foo::foo::foo:-level outfit since deployment of the new scoring system.

Unlike others before you, you have demonstrated a successful balancing of tones. From darkest to brightest, tie to suit to square to shirt create a reasonably broad spectrum and fill it out quite evenly.

The one mark against you is that he pattern density in your tie and square a bit close. However, it is a very minor flaw, amidst what is otherwise done quite well. Congrats.

Final score: :foo::foo::foo:

Ah, saturation is all screwed up in this pic then since the tie is actually navy background with red circles. Curious, would ditching a square in this instance elevate or detract from the fit or same?

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very harsh, and all I suspect this will achieve is less people posting fits. Stitchy has come a really long way and always takes critisicm pretty good hearted. I don't think it will create less, but better fits posted personally, just less.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Let's try with these two from teh archives.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've omitted the full body shot from the first one because the pants were too close in tone and that's an acknowledged mistake. Interested in how I did with the top half.
Please, one at a time, folks. 1. Another example of what could be :foo::foo::foo: or :foo::foo::foo::foo: if not for squareFAIL. The square colors are just way too close to the tie's. Also pattern density is too close, and the technique needs improvement. It is neither a poof nor a fold (which it shouldn't be, anyway), but some tortured chimera. Final score: :foo::foo: 2. Again, squareFAIL, but for a different reason. Against your otherwise sedate outfit, the square borders on bombastic. It really doesn't reference or suggest anything else. That said, the jacket, tie, and square are once again nicely combined. Final score: :foo::foo: 3. Well, I cannot see your square or make out much of your tie, so I really can't judge this. However, the color palette shown is quite nice. One problem: those pants look awfully tight . . . Final score: N/A

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Complaints about the quality of my pics will be ignored. I urge chavs, fops, bottom feeders and n00bs to think carefully before you post in this thread. If you are wondering whether something is in good taste, it probably isn't. I encourage nay, foo, matt, dopey, gdl, vox (he is missed), concordia, t4, parker, will, baron, edmorel and some others whose names aren't occuring to me at the moment to comment with directness but without rancor. of course, there will be little need to say anything about my combos because they will always be impeccable.

At this time of excitement and conflict, let us remember the words of our founding father.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are apparently allowed to dig into the archives I'm curious if this is worth a :foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads