1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

WHITE, SHAWL COLLAR, DOUBLE BREASTED DINNER JACKET a la BOGIE in CASABLANCA

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by enofile, Sep 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. enofile

enofile Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is emphatic that a white double breasted dinner jacket with a shawl collar is literally impossible to find. He wants to find one in order to become the reincarnate image of Humphrey Bogart as portrayed in "Casablanca," the iconic movie.

I told him the folks on the Style Forum can find any piece of clothing that ever existed. So, don't let me down. Do you guys know where he can find something like this elegant and legendary jacket.

Thanks so much.

2. clapeyron

clapeyron Well-Known Member

take picture of bogart to local tailor. point at picture. wait 3 weeks. done.

3. add911_11

add911_11 Well-Known Member

There was a black version made by Purple label, never see a white DB dinner suit in RTW.

Please get a good tailor to made this, it is very hard to make a good looking, well constructed white DJ because no mistakes can be made.

4. TTO

TTO Well-Known Member

5. enofile

enofile Well-Known Member

Great find! Thank you. Email went out to my friend at 5:30 AM!

6. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Well-Known Member

I found a 40s version at a thrift store. It's being tailored as we speak.