• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Mountaineering

thatguymj

Reaction score

For anyone in San Francisco / Bay Area, MAC (modern appealing clothing) is carrying White Mountaineering this season and their first shipment is in.

****, I was actually planning to stop by there on Saturday after the foodfest down in the mission and totally spaced. I've wanted to check out more WM stuff in person anyway so could have killed two birds w one stone.

Thanks!

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only interesting thing that they (MAC) had, IMO, is the multi-corduroy multi-pocket vest. The rest were plain looking shirts and sweaters.

was it the 'wardrobe' stuff? I've been snatching that stuff up everywhere I see it.. perfect fit for me.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like their scarves a lot...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^There's a few scarves on Yoox listed in the women's section--not sure what would differentiate them from men's other than, maybe width. Prices aren't much lower than retail.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting nonetheless, thanks for the heads up! Gotta remember to check Yoox more often

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New White Mountaineering shoes are hideous.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sort of like em...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old ones were pretty gross, too, altho there are some exceptions. I feel like the oddness of the shoes gives them a little more cred, really; willing to be weird in an area that's usually pretty tame.

catchh

Reaction score
Can stores order whatever they want? like is it the owners choices out of collections?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Can stores order whatever they want? like is it the owners choices out of collections?
Stores hire buyers to pick out what will get "bought" and then sold out of the collections. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where the owner has input as well in smaller operations.
Context has boring buys so their WM stuff looks lame. No one ever gets the good ****!
Keep in mind this is their first season carrying this stuff. It's a brand that is very hyped but has little distribution outside of Japan, so they bought a combination of things they know will sell easily (socks, scarves, and hats in trendy but distinct fair isle), and some outerwear that is on the conservative side. While their photos online don't do a good job of presenting the product the 2 jackets are things that will blow you away in person, even if they are a little tame by WM standards. Everything they produce has soooo many little details that just add up into an incredible product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads