1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Which of these two Magnanni do you like better (deciding which to keep)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jack12345, May 24, 2013.

1. jack12345

jack12345 Active Member

I've been searching for a nice, sleek black cap toe and just found these two at Nordstrom Rack for under $150 after tax.

I know Magnanni gets disparaged a lot here, however, I've always liked their style and found them to use a high quality leather and be well constructed for the price (like Meermin and other Spanish made). To me they combine a Santoni like look with a Bologna construction like a Tremezzi. I much prefer those brands (sleeker) over more traditional styles of AE, Alden, etc.

I can't keep both, so curious for any opinions on which. Some similarities but pretty different shape and details. Both about $125-150 after tax and found sizes that fit well.

A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chocsosa

chocsosa Well-Known Member

I actually own the first one.. not as long and elongated as some of their other styles but its stood up quite well after a year of owning it.

3. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

I like the second one a bit better

4. jack12345

jack12345 Active Member

Just curious, any particular reason you prefer that one? Maybe because it's slightly rounder/less elongated? I was actually leaning toward the first as I thought it's a little sleeker/"cooler" with the no upturn and slimmer sole profile. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  5. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

Actually it is the cleaner transition between adjacent leather pieces. When it comes to toe shape I like the more chiseled and rounder versions equally. Comparing elongation is sort of futile unless you have a photo of both shoes in same size side-by-side.

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

B wins by a mile. I don't like how the cap and side are raised on the first one.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  7. jack12345

jack12345 Active Member

Thanks for the feedback. I should also point out that A is a leather sole (with basically a toppy front), while B is a rubber sole. Both are channeled (harder to see in first pic).

A
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]