1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Which movie are you dying to see?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by imageWIS, Mar 22, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I liked "˜The Purple Rose of Cairo'...wait...[​IMG] [​IMG]

Jon.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

I think Small Time Crooks was maybe the best of that run of films. I didn't want to walk out of Curse or Hollywood, but I was disappointed.

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

I forgot about Small Time Crooks; charming movie and Tracey Ullman was great.

koji

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

I also want to see Brick.

Also: Good Omens which Terry Gilliam wants to make, but I hear he can't get funding for it.

bob

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Also: Good Omens which Terry Gilliam wants to make, but I hear he can't get funding for it.

bob

Did you see "Adventures of Baron Munchausen"? I quite like that one. An underrated Gilliam film.

6. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Well-Known Member

Sparked by references to Snakes on a Plane I ventured out in search of a trailer...found it. This is now my most anticipated movie of the year.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I think I'm taking the day off of work and watching S.O.A.P. as many times as possible in a row on opening day.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

Duh.

It'll be interesting to see how successful a movie aimed solely at people who read AICN is.

9. Tokyo Slim

District 13 (Banlieue 13)

This movie sounds awesome. Luc Besson protege directing skilled parkour pioneer David Belle, and underrated stuntman and martial arts choreographer Cyril Raffaelli.

Plus a Neutron bomb.

10. Tokyo Slim

Oh... and I'd like to see The Proposition

Its a western written by Nick Cave!

11. seanchai

seanchai Well-Known Member

MIAMI VICE

And the film about the Anglo-Irish War that won the Palme d'Or today at Cannes, "The Wind That Shakes The Barley". I hate Ken Loach's nationalist histories and can't wait for Cillian Murphy's eyes to make my skin crawl.

12. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

bob

If I recall correctly, it has been shelved. Pity. I love the book.

13. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

Oh... and I'd like to see The Proposition

Its a western written by Nick Cave!

I read about this in Entertainment Weekly (both the review and an article featuring Nick Cave). It sounds excellent.

14. skalogre

I read about this in Entertainment Weekly (both the review and an article featuring Nick Cave). It sounds excellent.

Oh damn, I need to see this. My wife is also a big Nick Cave fan.

15. skalogre

Oh damn, I need to see this. My wife is also a big Nick Cave fan.

P.s. did anyone else catch Nick Cave's cameo performance in Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin)...damn good film.

16. chrysalid

chrysalid Well-Known Member

P.s. did anyone else catch Nick Cave's cameo performance in Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin)...damn good film.

is that wim wenders? watched paris, texas recently and enjoyed it a lot. brick is good, maybe a slightly higher mark for effort than execution, but well worth a watch.

i give much praise to 'in my fathers den' and 'the beat that my heart skipped', both are fantastic.

as for films yet to be released, 'a scanner darkly' was a great book and the linklater-o-vision looks interesting but i can't believe it's starring keanu 'dopeyfuckheadiwannasmashyourmoronicfaceinwithabrick' reeves - woe is me. 'the fountain' looks good as well, actually, from the teaser trailer 'the fountain' looks shit, but aronofsky=shit is an impossible equation surely?

17. skalogre

is that wim wenders? watched paris, texas recently and enjoyed it a lot. brick is good, maybe a slightly higher mark for effort than execution, but well worth a watch. i give much praise to 'in my fathers den' and 'the beat that my heart skipped', both are fantastic. as for films yet to be released, 'a scanner darkly' was a great book and the linklater-o-vision looks interesting but i can't believe it's starring keanu 'dopeyfuckheadiwannasmashyourmoronicfaceinwithabrick' reeves - woe is me. 'the fountain' looks good as well, actually, from the teaser trailer 'the fountain' looks shit, but aronofsky=shit is an impossible equation surely?
    You are, of course, correct, Wim Wenders. I also liked Paris, Texas. I just love the sad melanchoily that permeates the whole film even if the setting is really "normal" - I need to have my wife watch that film. Brick? P.s. Avoid like the plague the remake of Wings of Desire, "City of Angels" starring Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan. That film is really insulting to the original.

18. chrysalid

chrysalid Well-Known Member

You are, of course, correct, Wim Wenders. I also liked Paris, Texas. I just love the sad melanchoily that permeates the whole film even if the setting is really "normal" - I need to have my wife watch that film.
    Brick?

P.s. Avoid like the plague the remake of Wings of Desire, "City of Angels" starring Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan. That film is really insulting to the original.

i'll have to watch wings of desire, i don't think i've seen any wenders apart from paris texas - i love films that know how to just shut up, you know waa'mean?

brick is hard boiled chandler noir superimposed onto cali high school (but much much better than that sounds!)

speaking of a permeating melancholy, have you seen 'night on earth' and 'mystery train' by jarmusch? stuck a couple of screen caps up on another thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...902#post187902

19. skalogre

i'll have to watch wings of desire, i don't think i've seen any wenders apart from paris texas - i love films that know how to just shut up, you know waa'mean?

brick is hard boiled chandler noir superimposed onto cali high school (but much much better than that sounds!)

speaking of a permeating melancholy, have you seen 'night on earth' and 'mystery train' by jarmusch? stuck a couple of screen caps up on another thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...902#post187902

Ok, need to make a note then to see all three of those. Thanks!

20. designprofessor

designprofessor Well-Known Member

Anybody seen him live or read his books?