1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where Were You Conceived?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 26, 2008.

1. why

why Well-Known Member

Immaculately.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

First the concept of "me" was concieved on the back of a Shakey's Pizza napkin in Tokyo, Japan. I believe the actual implementation took place in the foyer of my ancestral home (read: rented 1950's rambler) in Hellview, WA. The final product was delivered in Virginia Mason hospital on August 22nd, 1980, at 9:45pm. The accolades have been accruing ever since.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why people frequently are made squeamish by the mere idea that their parents had/have sex. Is it the most enduring sexual hangup of all? It's kind of a foregone conclusion if you exist. Anyway, what would you expect? My parents were pretty darn affectionate, in, I'm sure a host of interesting ways. Good for them, I say.

~ Huntsman

4. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why people frequently are made squeamish by the mere idea that their parents had/have sex. Is it the most enduring sexual hangup of all? It's kind of a foregone conclusion if you exist. Anyway, what would you expect? My parents were pretty darn affectionate, in, I'm sure a host of interesting ways. Good for them, I say. ~ Huntsman
    A friend of ours had taken an old couch from her parents house. One time, we were all there, my wife, our friend and her parents, and the mother exclaimed "We made you and your brother on that couch!" It was hysterical. Her brother, also a friend, is a bit OCD, and eventually ended up with the couch. At some point we told him the story and he found it much less hysterical, though I think the local upholstery cleaners enjoyed it.

5. hossoso

hossoso Well-Known Member

On a closed set somewhere in the San Fernando Valley. If you ever see Assmasters 7: Plumbing the Pipes, watch for the gleam in the studly plumbers eye about 18 minutes into the movie. That gleam...that's me.

6. totally epic

totally epic Well-Known Member

7. rxcats

rxcats Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly where, but my mom always calls me her little Trojan warrior. Good thing for me that oral contraceptives did not hit the US market until I was born.

8. Jumbie

Jumbie Well-Known Member

There's a question I've never thought about. My sister still takes great pleasure in telling me that I was a mistake. Apparently my mother had an IUD that didn't work. Lucky them! [​IMG]

9. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

11. rolex

rolex Well-Known Member

I never asked nor was I ever told. I sort of hope I never know....It will be interesting to see how many people actually do know.

same here.

12. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

I was conceived on my father's birthday and my brother was conceived on my mother's birthday. I always thought it a bit romantic.

13. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Well-Known Member

14. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

A friend of ours had taken an old couch from her parents house. One time, we were all there, my wife, our friend and her parents, and the mother exclaimed "We made you and your brother on that couch!" It was hysterical. Her brother, also a friend, is a bit OCD, and eventually ended up with the couch. At some point we told him the story and he found it much less hysterical, though I think the local upholstery cleaners enjoyed it.
    Hilarious. Incidentally, I frequently eat off that table. I take some amused pride in that. ~ Huntsman