1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where to shop in Japan?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OD Style, May 13, 2013.

1. OD Style

OD Style Member

Hello all!

Hope this is the right place to ask. I already posted in tfe lifestyle section and I was directed here. I'm going to Japan for a week. Please suggest me some brands and shops and department stores for men.

I'm a 25 year old single guy and I need some clothes! Preferably Japanese brands, not too cheap (ex: uniqlo) but not too expensive either... I like minimalism with a bit of individualism.

Please suggest some stores, brands, etc.!

Thanks!!!!!

2. DonaldGrins

DonaldGrins Member

Here are some of the best Dept Store in Japan

Laforet is to Harajuku as 109 is to Shibuya. Gentlemen beware: this is where the colour pink was invented, and ambient giggles confirm the patrons' predilections for anything frilly, furry, fuzzy or cutesy.

Tobu Although most of Tokyo's depāto are located in and around Ginza, you'll find a few shopping behemoths in Ikebukuro, including Tobu. In general, the prices here are noticeably lower than in Ginza since the real estate is cheaper. Tobu's worth a visit for its vast basement depachika, boasting the cheapest sashimi in town (come at 7pm when prices are halved).

Though I suggest you roam Japan yourself so you can identify which store you like the most. It would be fun to roam around and find the best store for you. ;)

Enjoy...

3. dareone

dareone Well-Known Member

united arrows is the place to shop

4. OD Style

OD Style Member

thanks for all the suggestions.. i'm really excited! i'll be traveling solo for 1 week in tokyo