1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy pocket squares?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BDC2823, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Sprezzatura2010

Sprezzatura2010 Well-Known Member

You can find pocket squares all over the place. The better department stores and men's specialty shops will carry them locally. Brooks Brothers, Paul Stuart, and J. Press all sell them online and in stores. Some discounters, such as Syms, will regularly have them.

2. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

Howardyount.com

+1

3. whymakemedothis

whymakemedothis Well-Known Member

jumping on the Kent Wang bandwagon. I've ordered a couple from Kent and they are excellent quality squares..

Quality? I don't understand - it's a small piece of cloth and ratty shoddy looking edge.

4. raiderbuck

raiderbuck Well-Known Member

Some squares just feel cheap. I have two Kent Wang squares, one linen one cotton. They both have a much more subtantial feel than my other cotton ones. I'm not an expert by any means, but you can tell the difference.

FWIW, I'm comparing them to the squares you get from places like Mens Wearhouse, Macy's, and the like. Usually they sell those packeged squares for the cotten variety and some cheap silk solid color squares.

5. Johntittle

Johntittle New Member

I usually buy mine from Granqvist of london, they have a fantastic collection of pocket squares and they're only like 20 bucks for one. really pleased with them

6. FillW

FillW Well-Known Member

He's already cheaper than most other places and the quality is there so I think that point is moot.

7. FillW

FillW Well-Known Member

Quality? I don't understand - it's a small piece of cloth and ratty shoddy looking edge.

Not true. [​IMG]

8. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

Where can i purchase pocket squares for less than $15 online?

I usually go to Nordstrom Rack,Saks Outlet Store, and thetiebar.com

9. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

Stalk through JC Penney and Kohls. I've bought patterned silk squares at both of those places. List was $12 or so, but I generally paid $4 or less on clearance. The quality was variable, though. Some look distinctly crumpled when you pull them out of the pocket. The rest of mine are thrifted or from J. Press (at their warehouse sales for some huge discount). If JAB had them 3 for 1, that would be just fine, too -- I think that would come to around $10 each, but they're much nicer than the Penney's options.

10. Spark

Spark Well-Known Member

If you're on the West Coast, then the Rack or Off 5h are good bets. Also look at Nordstrom mainline stores - they have a line of solid color squares that are their own private label which are pretty nice and can be $20 during a sale.

I have a few of Kent's squares and, while I like the patterns very much, I don't like the small size he goes with.. tends to sink in the pocket a bit.